Review Highlights

Ithaca, New York
5 Star Unique Cayuga Experience

Reviewed July 13, 2019
kwagnerrx

All reviews captain mark lake trout catch fish finger lakes sabrina gear charter 10lbs filleted boat crew knowledge
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2019

My husband, daughter and I spent the morning with Captain Mark and his son and had a fantastic time! They were so knowledgeable and worked hard all morning to make sure we had a great experience and went home with plenty of fish. We were new to fishing on the lake and they took time to explain to us how the equipment worked. We were chasing fish up and down the lake and ended up going home with 11 lake trout / 16 lbs of filets that Mark cleaned and prepped for us - awesome!! Totally happy with the experience and would highly recommend In-Depth Fishing Adventures to anyone looking for a relaxing and fun fishing adventure. I hope we can return next summer!

Date of experience: July 2019
Mark L, Owner at In-Depth Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2019

Thank you very much enjoyed having you guys and your daughter was so cute and enthusiastic it made the trip special ...

Reviewed July 13, 2019

My family has owned a home on Cayuga Lake for several years, but had never gone fishing in the lake. We chartered the boat with Captain Mark two separate days during our vacation week.

The first with my 70 year old father and 12 year old son. We had perfect weather and Mark and his son Grant were on the fish right away. We had over a dozen on the line throughout the day and caught 2 land locked salmon (non-keepers) and 7 Lake Trout (all keepers). A few of them were 7 pounders! They cleaned and filleted them on the boat for us, and we walked away with probably 20 pounds of filets and an amazing life experience. These guys are true professionals and I would highly recommend them.

The second trip was with my son (12) and my girlfriends son (11). We had a nearly identical experience as the first, but it was very exciting for the boys as it was the first time they had caught fish like this before. The look of pride on their face was priceless.

In-Depth Fishing Adventures is hands down the way to go if you want to catch fish in the Finger Lakes. After seeing how these guys find the fish, get them on the line, then clean them - I don't know that I would want to fish any other way. Thanks for the adventure!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Mark L, Owner at In-Depth Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2019

Thank you very much look forward to your return you guys were a lot of fun

Reviewed July 10, 2019

It was great to just be on the water. The amount of fish we caught was over the top! Captain Mark is extremely knowledgeable and makes sure you have a great time!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
Mark L, Owner at In-Depth Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2019

Thank you very much glad you guys had a good time!

Reviewed July 5, 2019

I wanted to take my 13 year old son fishing. We hired Mark to take us out on Cayuga Lake. We started the day at 6am. Met him and Sabrina ( his daughter) at the dock . about 30-40 minutes later Mark had put 8 separate lines in the water while Sabrina drove the boat. We started catching fish almost immediately. My son loved it ( see pictures below) . Mark has every device possible to locate and catch fish . He and Sabrina have a tremendous knowledge of the lake and where the best spots are to go. I never realized how much technical knowledge you need to know to catch the different type of fish in the lake ( ie you go slower to catch lake trout then you do to catch salmon)
I also really like how Mark and Sabrina worked together . They spoke so nicely to each other. They were teammates on a mission to help us catch fish and have a good time. I would highly recommend them to anyone ( from the amateurs like us to the hardcore fisherman)

Date of experience: June 2019
Mark L, Owner at In-Depth Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2019

Reviewed June 27, 2019

We had a great time and lots of laughes with Captain Mike and his expert navigator Sabrina. They had a great knowledge of the lake and a really relaxed atmosphere. It was my first time trolling for trout and salmon and we caught lots. A first class boat and gear. I learned a lot and we all had a great time.

Date of experience: June 2019
Mark L, Owner at In-Depth Fishing Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2019

Thank you very much it was great to have you guys on board