“Can't visit Ithaca w/o visiting Purity Ice Cream!”

Purity Ice Cream Co
Ranked #1 of 11 Dessert in Ithaca
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Premium ice cream from upstate NY milk! Fresh baked pies, muffins, cupcakes and other goodies. Saturday and Sunday Breakfast 7:30am-1:00pm Monday-Friday Lunch 11:00am-2:30pm Fresh food, local ingredients. Fun setting. Happy times.
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Trying to be 100% objective is hard, since I have very good childhood memories relating to Purity Ice Cream.
But, giving my best effort to being so, I must say that feeling aside, my taste buds tell me that this is the best ice cream on earth everytime I come to Ithaca.
Their ice creams are unsurpassable! And their pies, are just amazing... if you mix them, then you are in for a treat!
Stop by and order a double-scoop cone of any of the flavors, and you will be happy for a while... you can't go wrong. I have been there at least 6 times in 30 years, and have always been extremely pleased.

There are newer reviews for Purity Ice Cream Co

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The creamiest HARD ice cream --- no soft serve ice cream here! I had the turtle sundae: delicious, smooth, rich vanilla ice cream smothered in hot fudge, caramel sauce, and topped with pecans (I passed on the whipped cream & cherry, that's just me). The pecans were toasted and chopped to perfect bite size. My wife had the traditional hot fudge sundae: same fabulous vanilla ice cream with lots & lots of hot fudge, plus she added Spanish peanuts on top for a personal twist. WOW!!! We both ordered the large (which we managed to finish), although a small would have been plenty. Seriously good>>>great place to go on a date.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Local dairy and ice creameries were not uncommon when we were growing up. How wonderful to find one in here in Ithaca (although not surprised).

An incredibly wide variety of flavors, Hot Fudge made fresh (no HFCS), fresh chocolates and cakes - I just wish that we could have eaten here instead a few other places in town.

Always a line to order - but it does move quickly. Indulge your desires for a great Hot Fudge Sundae here!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Purity is just delicious. A huge variety of choices, some unique, all delicious. Great cookies, cupcakes too. Try their seasonal choices, the pumpkin praline is the best!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The ice cream was fabulously delicious, wish we'd had more time in Ithaca so we could have tried the large selection of cupcakes or a slice of pie. The "single scoop" size was more like two scoops, so that was a great surprise.