“Love it”

Purity Ice Cream Co
Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Ithaca
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Premium ice cream from upstate NY milk! Fresh baked pies, muffins, cupcakes and other goodies. Saturday and Sunday Breakfast 7:30am-1:00pm Monday-Friday Lunch 11:00am-2:30pm Fresh food, local ingredients. Fun setting. Happy times.
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My car refuses to drive past Purity. It automatically starts to turn into the parking lot. Thankfully I don't live very close to Ithaca or I would weigh in at about 200 lbs. by now.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

It's an institution: cute decor, lots of interesting flavor choices, and very popular. The ice cream was OK, but had quite a lot of ice crystals for my taste.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Stopped here at end of long weekend. Ice cream was great, servings generous and staff very pleasant.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I wish that the location were closer to Cornell, but it is good that it is not because visiting Purity becomes a rare treat. Consistently yummy. They close at 10, but let me in once even after they had closed since they saw us outside and they were still cleaning up.

Reviewed July 13, 2012

We go to purity a couple times per month...basically whenever we 're in Ithaca. They usually have four soy based flavors and a couple of sorbets. My husband eats dairy and can't get enough of the Finger Lakes Tourist.