“Magical!”

John Joseph Inn and Elizabeth Restaurant
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Reservations
Description: An elegant estate on over 110 acres offering weddings, retreats and private functions year round. Our Inn offers 6 luxurious suites with fireplaces and jacuzzi tubs with full private baths year round. Built on the foundation of the culinary attributes of Chef/ Owners and Culinary Institute Of America Alumni John and Elizabeth Hamilton, bringing local ingredients and truly memorable culinary experiences. Join us for our winter public dinning series where we host multi course tastings open to the public!
Reviewed September 27, 2011

My (now) husband and I were married at the John Joseph Inn and Elizabeth Restaurant this summer and I will not be able to say enough about how amazing our wedding was! From the rehearsal dinner to brunch on Sunday, every detail was taken into account and executed perfectly. We received so many compliments from our guests on everything from the beauty of the venue to the attention they received from the staff. The rustic yet sophisticated landscape provided the perfect setting; the rolling green hills, English Gardens and apple orchard made the grounds truly magical. The staff was warm, friendly and went out of their way to accommodate our entire party-young, old, sober and…not so sober. And I haven’t even mentioned the food! Absolutely outstanding. Elizabeth’s creations are beyond delicious; several guests said they were worried about being able to finish dinner because they couldn’t get enough of the appetizers! Yet somehow they managed to work their way through a bright, crisp salad, perfectly cooked filet mignon and sinfully decadent wedding cake ;)
John and Elizabeth truly make you feel like your wedding is as important to them as it is to you. John is no-nonsense in a way that lets you know everything will be taken care of and that he will do everything in his power to go above and beyond for you.
This place swept me away. It was exactly how I wanted to feel on my wedding day; overjoyed, giddy, carefree and blissfully happy because I knew I had nothing to worry about and the details were taken care of. I could not have been happier with my experience and would HIGHLY recommend this place to anyone looking for a superb venue, an outstanding culinary experience and an overall magical wedding.

1  Thank Lindsey F

Reviewed April 24, 2011

I absolutely love the food at the Elizabeth Restaurant. These are some incredibly accomplished chefs. Though it's a tad pricey, I find a way to get there as much as I can. Recently, however, their customer service has gone from passable to neglectful. Their website is not at all efficient, loads incredibly slowly, and has outdated information. They only serve dinner on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, so you have to call and leave a message if you'd like to make a reservation for Thursday. They NEVER return my calls. A couple weeks ago, I attempted to make a reservation for Thursday and left a message. I was to meet a friend there for her birthday dinner at 5:30pm. I called all day on Thursday to try to confirm my reservation but never got a person and got the usual recording telling me their dinner hours. I finally had to leave to meet my friend on the date of the reservation, and my spouse continued to call to try to confirm the reservation. Finally, my spouse was able to get through, as my friend and I were sitting in the driveway of the restaurant, and told me that they would be closed for that week. There was no mention of this on the recorded phone message, and no mention of this on the web site. The person we spoke to acknowledged that he had recieved my calls and that he also could see that I had called several times that day. I was very unhappy (since I had been raving about this place for years, and set aside money so I could share this experience with my friend) and ended up going elsewhere.
I will give the Elizabeth restaurant another shot, as it's an amazing culinary experience. For the cost of food (and lodging) there, customer service should be a priority. I really hope they're able to turn things around.

2  Thank truebean00
Reviewed February 8, 2011

My family (husband, teenage son and myself) recently had a memorable and thoroughly enjoyable evening at the restaurant. We arrived on a cold, winter's night, one of their advertised twice-monthly "date night" Thursdays. We were celebrating my 50th birthday, and we were the only customers that night (a large party had cancelled at the last minute). Chef John went out of his way to make this evening extra-special for us. I have never felt so pampered! The food was exquisite and the pace relaxed and comfortable. I can't wait to go back!

Reviewed January 1, 2011

Visited the restaurant and Inn for the first time on New Year's Eve. The 5 course tasting menu was unbelievable. Probably one of the the best meals we have ever had. The atmosphere was relaxed, yet elegant. In this world where everything is rushed, you receive a peaceful, tranquil dining experience. If you are expecting a quick bite, you are in the wrong place. This is an experience worth every moment and every morsel! If you are looking for something extra special, this is the place! The staff and owner where generous with their time and explained the dishes and wine paring and the history of the inn and restaurant. We were made to feel welcome and more than just a customer for the evening. We are looking forward to visiting again. They offer something outside the ordinary. Not an inexpensive night out, but that was not what we were looking for.

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We just came back from a trip to the John Joseph Inn. This Inn is truly wonderful! This was our second trip there and already looking forward to returning for a third time. The rooms are gorgeous and beautifully decorated (flat screen tvs, whirlpool tubs and plush bed linens). We stayed for two nights and ate at the Elizabeth restaurant while we were there. The owners, John and Elizabeth are amazing chefs and they have a wonderful person working for them, Amanda (she gave us some great tips on the local vineyards to visit the next day)! From our delicious 5 course tasting menu at dinner to breakfast each morning, and suggestions on locations to visit locally, we couldn't have been more pleased! They have a wonderful business and are a truly a lovely couple! We look forward to returning.