“Was pleasantly surprised!!!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Temecula
“Was pleasantly surprised!!!”
Reviewed February 20, 2014

Out of fairness, my reason for writing another review is because the last time we loved everything about it but the hallway smells. That has most definitely been fixed!!! It smelled fresh and clean everywhere ! The rooms are comfortable and breakfast is good so this is a great value in our opinion. Its close enough to Cornell and easy to get there!! Totally will be back!!! Thank you for listening to the consumer and correcting things!! Loved it!! P.S. they are dog friendly!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lisa F
gmibobroff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
I'm so happy you noticed the improvement. We do listen to our guests and strive for perfection everytime. When we don't, we work hard to get back to the top. Thanks for staying with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
  • Hebrew first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed February 14, 2014

Excellent location if you're visiting Ithaca college campus. Our room was nice and large with two queen sized beds and a separate lounge area with a fold out sofa bed, fridge, microwave, coffee maker and large screen TV. Overall, a very spacious and comfortable suite that wouldn't be out of place in a higher grade hotel. The free internet access was reliable and very quick. Complimentary coffee and cookies were on offer in the lobby. The breakfast buffet was respectable for this class of hotel and the hotel also has very good facilities (small pool and gym).

Above all, every one of the staff, from those manning the front desk down to the cleaning staff were really friendly, helpful and welcoming. I would definitely recommend this hotel. Great job guys! Keep up the good standards!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
I'm so glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us. It means a lot that not only did you recognize the good quality facilities we have but also the wonderful staff. We all strive to give our best everyday. We love happy guests and hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

For $100 you are on the road as the college. Free breakfast with make your own Belgium waffles. The indoor pool was nice and warm. The hot tub was nice. The gym had three treadmills and two other machines but were new. No one was on them. Had a queen suite on the end so we could park right outside. Very quiet. Suite had 2 beds, 2 tvs, a separate room with roll out bed, microwave and fridge. Included 2 really comfy white robes. Decor was modern and updated. Hotel was extremely clean. Complimentary coffee, tea, cocoa and papers at all times. Will definitely come back.

• Stayed December 2013
2 Thank denisekv
gmibobroff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca, responded to this review, December 17, 2013
Thanks for your great feedback. I think you got us to a "T". We strive hard to provide fabulous service and a clean property and it sounds like we have done that. Happy Holidays.
Hamilton
Reviewed November 24, 2013

Overnight stay on our way home to Ontario, we drop in with no reservation and was able to get a room. Room was comfy, clean and spacious - breakfast included which was fairly basic but filled the spot. Front desk was friendly and helpful - I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Plainview, New York
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend with my son. The reception people were very nice, attentive and helpful. The room was big, and the bathroom was roomy and very clean. The breakfast was included, but the fruit was not fresh. The hotel is located near Ithaca College, but is a 10 minute drive to Cornell. I would go back. Very reasonably priced.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
gmibobroff, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ithaca, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for your comments and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. We are convenient to most locations in Ithaca and being in a quieter area near Ithaca College is a nice change of pace from downtown. My staff is my biggest asset and I thank you again for mentioning them.
Teaneck, NJ
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I can't say enough about this hotel. I was here this summer, and the staff went out of their way to make sure my dad and I had a terrific experience. I was taking a course at Arnot Forest, which was about 22 miles south of Ithaca. The hotel provided transportation so that I could be back with my dad each evening. Even when there was a terrible thunderstorm with torrential rain one evening, the Country Inn and Suites made sure that I was able to get back to the facility safely.
I can't recommend this hotel enough. I know that if I find my way back to Ithaca, this will be the first place I look for accommodations.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
It was a pleasure to host you and your father while you were in town for your course. My staff and I thoroughly enjoyed chatting with him. It is our pleasure to do what we can to make everyone's stay fabulous and I thank you for taking the time to post your review.
Shelton, Connecticut
Reviewed September 29, 2013

The Country Inn & Suites Ithaca is very attractive both inside and out. The front desk person was very pleasant but we had to wait while she made reservations for a guest on the phone; she is so nice that we had to wait while she had a chatty 5 minute conversation (which is a long time to wait after a four-hour drive) - this would have been okay if there was at least 2-person front desk coverage. The room was average size with two beds and a small living room. The beds were beyond uncomfortable - we could even see the lumps in the mattress. We woke up with aches and pains (too young for aches and pains). This is a green hotel so the water pressure (in particular the toilets) is so low that make sure you hang out for an extra minute or so to make sure everything is flushed - best bet is to flush twice. The free breakfast is best skipped - the selection is minimal with the scrambled eggs over salted (and I love salt) to hide the fact that the eggs are runny and are most likely made from powder. The room is small so tables are very close - most tables are for two people with a few 4-person tables thrown in. There should be some sort of sign on the larger tables that they are reserved for 3 or more people as we sat squished three to a table while one woman had a table for four with her newspapers spread on the table. She got there first so she snagged the best table - can't blame her, but I can blame the hotel for not providing better table arrangements. The buffet line was a disaster - people just didn't know how to manage. The cost of the room was twice what I paid at a very nice Boston hotel - I got two huge rooms for the price of this one average room. One more point - bring your own soap; the hotel provides one thin square of soap for your hands and one small square for your face. That is not enough soap for three people taking showers. Plus, the water is so over chlorinated that (this is the truth) my skin peeled off my legs as I took a bath. The water drains so slowly that there was a clump of skin on the bottom of the tub - GROSS. It is clean, it is attractive, and the people are very welcoming. If you don't mind lumpy beds, low water pressure, and oh yeah forgot this one - thin walls, and terrible breakfast all at an above average cost then this is the place for you.

Green Features: We didn't mind about the towels and linen service (once every 3-day option for long term stay) but the water pressure was an issue - I have a large husband and son who need the toilets to flush!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank DiningOut22
I thank you for taking the time to write your comments. We would have loved to have heard about them at the time they occured so we could have assisted with concerns like breakfast table availability, making new eggs, additional soaps etc. We will use your comments to make improvements on our service and facility.