“Good to stop for a bite”
Review of Ithaca Ale House

Ithaca Ale House
Ranked #7 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The hamburgers were excellent & many types of beer on tap.
i liked the crowd and service was very friendly.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

The beer and food here is awesome! Still trying to work up the nerve to try the grilled cheese burger but the ale house burger is the best I have had!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

While on business in Ithaca, we ate at the Ale house. From my perspective, it catered to the college and non college crowd and had the most realistic/affordable prices. The portions are excellent and the food itself was also outstanding. Everything I saw the waiters deliver to other patrons also looked great. The beer selection is huge, I had mostly Tap beer and it was fresh and delicious. We took three trips to Ithaca over the period of a month, and ate here 3 times, it will not dissapoint!!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stopped here for a drink first we were not exactly hungry yet,we sat and scooped out the place- we sat insided first- My bf really enjoyed the apricot wheat and another ithaca ale. The bartender was nice and let us taste a few beers on tap. We looked at the menu and liked a few things on it and kept it in mind as we walked around downtown.

We returned to have dinner, we kept thinking about the burgers on the menu. We asked if we could be seated outside, the weather was just so right that night. It did take a minute for a waiter to get to us, not sure why but he did apologize are took great care of us. I ordered a "make your burger" i asked for my burger to be medium with bacon and mushrooms. My Bf had the The Jerk Burger -it had jalapenos and bbq and jerk seasoning on it .They pair up a beer with each burger which is nice!

Our food came out shortly and our burgers were DELISH and made just home we wanted them. We loved to atmosphere of sitting outside and got to see some great old cars. We will 100 person visit Ithaca ale house again!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I just returned to my hotel after a visit to the Ithaca Ale House. I read the other reviews, especially the ones saying the place is terrible and I absolutely dissagree...
If you are in the US you should know to bring your passport with you when you go out, it is the only approved form of identification you have, this would be the same any place in europe if you were an american visiting so stop whining about that.
Service is really good, we never had to wait for service, the food is tasty we had a burger and a sallad and both was perfect.
The selection of draught beer in summer time is much about wheat beer which isn't my favourite but I had a couple of really good pale ales as well as IPA's.