“Fun place with good beer selection and great food!”
Review of Ithaca Ale House

Ithaca Ale House
Ranked #7 of 270 Restaurants in Ithaca
Cuisines: Pub
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 28, 2013

We loved our time at the restaurant (sans the waitress). The food was great, the beer selection was great, the bathrooms are clean and the price is reasonable.

Our waitress wasn't great....she was annoyed we wanted to sample a couple of beers. The menu says you can sample up to 3 per table and we each wanted to sample 1, after purchasing full beers as well.

Overall, I'd go again happily and hope for a better waitress!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Great spot for lunch or dinner. Downtown Commons. Go often with co-workers for lunch. Service is normally fast. Good atmosphere, but can get crowded. Worth the wait.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

The basil martini was excellent. The eggplant fries were unique and delicious, but the curry dipping sauce missed the mark. The crabcake sandwich was a letdown. Definitely don't get the brie/guac bruschetta. All the ingredients sounded delicious, but the combo didn't work. The place was bustling and fun, but the menus were so filthy, we almost left... everything felt borderline unclean.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

Took three business clients to lunch on 12/14. Eclectic twist on traditional pub food. Two of my clients had the Black & Blue Burger. The burgers are huge. The other client had a flatbread pizza and I had the largest fried haddock sandwich I have ever seen. Everybody loved their meals. Atmosphere is relaxing. The server was pleasant and attentive. This place is my new favorite restaurant in Ithaca. You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My husband and I went here the evening of 11/16/12 to kill time while we waited for our daughter to attend a concert. We arrived around 9:30PM and the place was hopping and very lively.
We were promplty seated by the hostess in a booth. Our waitress came almost immediately after us taking our seats to take our drink order. They have a great selection of beers, both on draft and bottled. Their menu had many items on there that I wanted to try such as their Ancho Chicken Salad w/ avocado and roasted corn to Spicy Thai & Lemongrass Chicken but when I saw a server deliver a big juicy burger to a table near us, I just had to have one of them!
We started out with their Guacamole Brie Melt which was served on grilled sourdough baguette bread and came with a ancho chili dipping sauce. These were really good as I love both guacamole and brie. I then ordered the Ale House Burger which piled on top of the burger was caramelized onions, bacon and a Danish Bleu cheese served on focaccia bread. My husband ordered the Perfect Burger which was served on a grilled honey roll. Both burgers were cooked perfect and left us stuffed!
I definitely would go back if in the area again. From the crowd there, it definitely has made a name for itself.