“forgotten what great service should be like”

O-Co-Nee East Diner Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 41 Restaurants in Islip
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Islip, New York
“forgotten what great service should be like”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Have been to this Diner many times before only to see the service and food decline with each visit.
Stoped in for a late breakfast and sat at the counter.
There was a man sitting at the end of the counter who may have been the mananger but all he did was distract the younger hostess from doing her job. He also seemed to distract the wait staff when they walked near him.
I heard all about the Hostess husband who just hired a new secretay and more gossip that kept them away from doing their job.
My server had an attitude of "who cares". She did not ask me how my meal was and if she could do anything for me untill the meal was over.
My sirloin steak was oily and not cooked properly, The coffee was not freshand my over easy eggs were placed on top of the steak which broke when I tried to take them off the steak.Really guys there is a reason people order sunnyside up or over easy and it's not to have the yolks break because they have to be moved off the steak.
These folks have clearly forgotten why they are in business....The customer.
I hope they read this and make the proper adjustments because I like the place.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank Italiamichael

“Great Greek food”
Reviewed January 20, 2013

The burgers and Greek food at this diner are the best in the area. The wait staff is very friendly. This diner will be packed so come early if you do not want to wait.

Visited December 2012
Bayport,NY
“Best diner in the area”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have been going to this diner for many years. It's the most popular around, gets packed with people on the weekends. They always decorate for all holidays which gives it a nice atmosphere. The service is good and foods are well prepared. Just remember it's a diner, but one of the best in Suffolk.

• Visited December 2012
Arizona
“Atmosphere with good food!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had the pleasure of eating here this week so it was all decorated in Holiday cheer. Busy - but that is because it is good. We got seated right away at the noon hour. The staff is excellent and is so attentive to your needs. Food is good! I had a sandwich, someone else had a wrap and another had a meatloaf meal. We were all very pleased with our choices. There are many diners in the area, if you had to choose - I would choose this one. The menu is very extensive, so it has something for everyone. It is not too expensive and we had a great lunch.

• Visited December 2012
Central Islip, New York
“Very popular diner”
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We enjoy the food, but it's way to BUSY (meaning decoration-wise) for our taste. Too many TV's, too much glitz and sparkle...I think someone must own a Party Store. A bit expensive, too.

Visited May 2012