“Gorgeous trendy $teak house”
Review of Tellers

Tellers
Reserve with OpenTable
Tellers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 45 Restaurants in Islip
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Islip Ave Route 111
Transit: Islip Train Station
Description: Tellers is not just a Chophouse. It’s an institution. Born out of an old bank, Tellers delights visually with the original Mosler Vault serving as our wine vault at the heart of Tellers and a dining room set inside sky-high ceilings and 30 foot vertical windows. Our Chef constructs progressive takes on the classics, but let’s the traditional Chophouse fare take center stage, with USDA PRIME, 21-day dry aged beef as our cornerstone. The Gold Bar pays homage to classic bars of years past. Enjoy lunch in Prime’s dining room, our fireplace lounge or at our bar. Host your event or celebrate your special occasion in the timelessness that is Tellers: An American Chophouse.
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The bar area is like a movie set of an old fashioned gentleman's bar. Impeccable food and service put slightly over priced IMHO

1  Thank Stephanie V

Reviewed April 8, 2014

A GREAT experience in fine dining. I'm always pleased with the quality and level of service. I'll be returning.

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Lets just make this simple...Tellers serves average quality food at 5 star steak house prices. Overall I was not impressed with Tellers. While the ambiance, bar, and service was very good the food simply was not memorable. I started with the crab cake which wasn't fresh and had barely any lump crab in it, from there I choose the bone in fillet which wasn't seasoned at all and rather flavorless. Skipped desert based on the lack luster dinner and will be skipping ever coming back here again..

Reviewed March 27, 2014

My cousin and his friend have taken me here on several occasions and it was always an amazing meal and drinks. They have been going there for years and were quite friendly with the bartender so we would sit and eat at the bar so I cannot speak in regards to service at the tables.

I always get the ribeye because it is just so great, always cooked to perfection and what a huge steak it is. I have a huge appetite which is why I usually order that, I have tasted the filet and that also is amazing as well as a good portion. Last time we ordered oysters for the appetizer which were delicious and shared a great bottle of Staglin wine which I had never had before and didn't realize that wine could taste THAT GOOD! I will say however that is was quite an expensive bottle of wine but that didn't phase my cousin and his friend. The meal was a treat for me since I was moving away and they wouldn't let me pay.

That being said, I could see how some guests would be concerned about the cost of the dinner since it is an expensive place but the quality of the food and drinks (at least in my experience) has always been unbelievable so if you can afford it, I don't think you will be let down. There is usually some live music and the bar tends to attract a very social crowd with tvs for sporting events.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Went for lunch, had the lobster bisque which was very good, but the Cobb salad was pathetic, they have a better Cobb at my Deli. Was a great restaurant once but has definitely lost a step. Beautiful interior- great service.