“Disappointing”
Review of Tellers

Tellers
Reserve with OpenTable
Tellers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Islip
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Islip Ave Route 111
Transit: Islip Train Station
Description: Tellers is not just a Chophouse. It’s an institution. Born out of an old bank, Tellers delights visually with the original Mosler Vault serving as our wine vault at the heart of Tellers and a dining room set inside sky-high ceilings and 30 foot vertical windows. Our Chef constructs progressive takes on the classics, but let’s the traditional Chophouse fare take center stage, with USDA PRIME, 21-day dry aged beef as our cornerstone. The Gold Bar pays homage to classic bars of years past. Enjoy lunch in Prime’s dining room, our fireplace lounge or at our bar. Host your event or celebrate your special occasion in the timelessness that is Tellers: An American Chophouse.
Reviewed October 30, 2013

Let me start by saying I have been to this restaurant countless times over the past 10 years. Absolutely love it, but over the past 2 years, the bar and restaurant seem to be slipping. My husband and I always either start the evening at the bar or end it by the bar. The past few times at the bar have not been good. The staff seems to change every time we go. One of the bartenders still needs to measure the alcohol after 2 years, really? A good bartender doesnt need to t=do that. The bartenders used to very friendly and outgoing. Starting conversations and asking what kind of drinks you prefer. Last time we went my husband asked for Hendrick's and was informed that no longer carried that brand. That was it, no recommendation of another gin that they carried. A good bartender would have recommended another brand they carried. Our dinner was delicious. We ordered oysters, fries and shrimp wontons for apps. They all came at the same time. That was unusual, they always spread it out. Then after they cleared those plates, tada! our dinner arrived. I wasn't surprised at all considering how our apps came out. That was just another way they are slipping. It's supposed to be a long dinner. If I wanted a fast dinner, I would eat by the bar. It's very disappointing to us because we are very loyal to tellers. They have recently opened up other venues and the neglect is showing.

2  Thank bella2001
There are newer reviews for Tellers

Reviewed October 27, 2013

My wife and I have not been here in years. We really looked forward to this evening. Her birthday. The hostesses dressed erratically inappropriately. The service was great. The apps were good. The steak had no taste!!!! In a steak house!!!! The brussel sprouts were burnt. The train wreck potatoes were properly named. The wine was excellent. The coffee undrinkable. The apple crumb was left after two tastes but the raspberry sorbet was excellent. Again the service was excellent

1  Thank Famished101
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Great service, food and atmosphere. Run very well. We reserved a table with special requests and it was ready and set for us. Food was prepared to request and served as requested. All of the basics done to perfection.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I travel a lot and eat in many high end steak houses. In the end, I still prefer Tellers. The service is excellent, their food is consistently great and the wine list is one of the best I have seen, outside of Napa. This is a well run business and a great place to dine.

1  Thank charlieb65
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Excellent Meal. Expensive but worth it. Far from our home but worth the 50 minute drive. Kevin, our waiter, was friendly, professional and exceedingly attentive. everything we had, and we had a lot was cooked and presented perfectly. Definitely order the bacon appetizer and the trainwreck potatos. Best au Poivre sauce I've ever had and the Wellington is unbelievably delicious.
There was one miscommunication, probably because I talk fast, but not only did they rectify the situation they treated us to coffee and dessert which was hardly necessary but truly appreciated.
Kind of glad it's a shlep to get there because we probably would be there once a week and like I said, it's a bit pricey but worth every penny and more.

2  Thank JayNT