“Top shelf steak house”
Review of Tellers

Tellers
Reserve with OpenTable
Tellers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 41 Restaurants in Islip
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Islip Ave Route 111
Transit: Islip Train Station
Smithtown, New York
“Top shelf steak house”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Excellent food with classic service, without being overly stuffy. Steak was comparable to NYC's best places. Expensive, but great for a special ocassion.

1 Thank ljsamson

Bellmore, New York
“A Little Pricey But Great Food”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Visited here several times over the past year with consistently good food and fast friendly service. Restaurant is set in the quaint village of Islip on the south shore of Long Island in an old tall bank building.The ceiling in the main dining room is easily 30 ft tall, with large windows and drapes. Their is a sports like bar off to the side with several smaller dining rooms upstairs. Their specialty is STEAK and they do it right. The have a special appetizer of duck fried fries, with several dipping sauces, that used to be complimentary, but are now a mere $3.Reservations are a must especially on weekends. Restaurant offers a great wine list and utilized the large ban vault as the "wine cellar" Take a look inside! Nothing really bad to say about this place, just can be a bit pricey, but they do offer specials and wine matchings on Tuesdays, so check their website.

Jericho, New York
“Stay Away”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

0 friends
Jason H.
Jericho, NY
4/13/2013
This is my first review ever. I have never made an effort to sign up and write one but Tellers has given me much needed motivation.

Given the nature of my job (hedge fund), I have been to most nice restaurants in NY (both NYC and LI). Tellers is awful and everyone should think twice before giving this subpar restaurant a chance.

Tonight was my father's birthday. We invited guests from out of town (one from another country). I needed tonight to be special. We wanted to stay in LI so we made a reservation at Tellers about 2 weeks in advance. I personally called the restaurant 3-4 times to make sure everything was set. Each time, I explained how much I needed tonight to be perfect. They assured me it would be.

Result:

1) We waited for about an hour.

2) Hostess Rachel was a nightmare. She was rude, aggressive, and full of attitude. Not once did she apologize for our wait. Not once did she try to find out what was causing the delay. She just kept saying, "table's getting set up." When I asked her if it was possible to find us another table or alternative, she asked me what I wanted from her. She definitely is in the wrong role and business. Hostess is the face and voice of a restaurant. The fact that this restaurant hired her and continues to employ her says much about the restaurant and its judgment.

3) When I finally approached the manager and explained the situation, he guaranteed me that he'll have us seated in 5 mins. Did he deliver? Absolutely not. We waited another 10-15 minutes until we finally gave up and left for the restaurant next door. Manager did not try to make us stay. He simply said, "if you want to leave, leave." Unparalleled manager and hostess combo.

4) Ruined a great night, leaving all of us (with 7 over the age of 65) standing for an hour, frustrated, and hungry.

To anyone reading this review to decide on Tellers: there's simply too many restaurants in NY to give a chance to a restaurant like Tellers that lacks quality / professionalism, service, and overall respect for their customers.

3 Thank Jason H
Bohemia, New York
“Tellers”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

As a rather upscale steakhouse, we were extremely disappointed with the qualityof the sides and the steak itself. The porterhouse steak was very tasty, but the amount of muscle and fat were too much. The large baked potato was cold and not cooked all the way. The mushrooms were also cold and this made them unappetizing .For $70.00 per person, no drinks and no appetizers, it was not worth the exprience, nor the cost. We will not be returning.

Bay Shore, New York
“A wonderful experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Tellers occupies a old bank which has been converted into a spectacular restaurant. The main dining room has 40 foot ceilings( my estimate) and large windows to match. The ends of the dining room always have a topiary or the most realistic artificial trees I have ever seen, rising about 15 feet. The service is highly professional and pleasant. The wine list, in a word, is spectacular, priced from around $40 dollars for a good Argentinian Malbec to wines costing more than my first car. The aged steaks are simply wonderful, always cooked to perfection. The specialty rib eye is huge. Aside from the meat, we have also enjoyed tuna tartar, stuffed clams and millennium lobster, my wife's all time favorite. This is an expensive restaurant but worth every cent.

Visited April 2013