“Great food and service”

Americano Pie Bar Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 50 Restaurants in Islip
Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

I had the best French onion soup ever! The burgers are also very nice and pasta dishes are good too.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed June 22, 2018 via mobile

We made a reservation for 8 at 5:30p on a Friday and were seated promptly on arrival. Our waitress Carly promptly got our drinks and was very accommodating and understanding to the variety of preferences, allergies and diets. They got the kids spaghetti and meatballs dish to share out right away. Just as our meals came out, Carly brought a slice of pizza dough out to the kids to “make” their own pizzas and kept them contented playing with dough while we ate our meals in peace! Brilliant! The general manager Tara checked on us a couple times and was pleasant and kind to my girls. My dad loved the seared tuna (although not quite enough food without a side dish), my mom enjoyed the salmon and my husband really liked the lasagna. I am vegan and always have some trepidation ordering but Carly completely understood my needs and suggested a pasta primavera (not on the menu) with tomato sauce and a delicious blend of vegetables. It was fantastic! Tara brought me some menus as they deliver too and I work locally. Overall I would say very nice decor, maybe 7/10 on the fancy score, (can get away with casual but neat clothing, but also nice for a special dinner, as this was for us, or a date night), clean bathrooms, and great food. A great (relatively) new addition to Islip Main st!

Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

Nice restaurant for a quiet dinner with thr family. Calamari was hot & crispy. Pizza was delicious. Service was great too! Great restaurant.

Reviewed June 7, 2018 via mobile

I love the vibe at Americano Pie Bar. It’s modern, clean and vibrant without being ear-splittingly loud. Service was efficient and professional. The food was very good. An appetizer of Truffolina pasta was delicious. Little tortellini-like pillows stuffed with fresh ricotta and pear in a mildly sweet cream sauce. Pizza was good, but not as good as the gold standard just down the road in Bay Shire at The Pie at Salvatore’s. Lasagna was pretty good. The sauce was full of meat I happen to prefer a layered lasagna to a rolled lasagna. (The roll is too reminiscent of a Sbarro’s food court lasagna.) Chicken Marsala was very tasty, and the side of mushroom risotto perfectly done. Pasta Americano was full of fresh seafood. All in all, an experience I’d repeat.

Reviewed April 14, 2018

A nice warm modern looking decor with low lighting. The food is good...but could be great if they worked on it a little. The mussels are amazing, fresh, clean with a great sauce. The service could be hit or miss...had a poor experience with the bartender recently. Overall...a good restaurant that needs to work on the finer points. The dining room music can be a little loud.

Date of visit: February 2018