“Quality for your money”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
Orlando
“Quality for your money”
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Although this hotel is a little off the beaten path but accessible to where I going, it was very clean, the staff was friendly and courteous, and the complimentary shuttle was available for short tuns. I recommend this hotel without hesitation.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you very much for your response. I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Our goal is guest satisfaction and guest loyalty and it means so much when our guest enjoy their stay with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Islandia, NY, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Clean hotel and polite staff but hotel is 100 feet from a heavily traveled main road and on the corner of an off ramp from the Long Island Expressway making it a very noisy location. Toilet didn't work and water closet was jet black w/o any water in it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am very sorry that you were so unhappy with your stay. Our goal here at Hampton Inn is guest satisfaction and it appears we missed the mark with your stay. We do have a 100% guarantee satisfaction at Hampton inn and I see that we did refund your stay. I am again very sorry for your experience and do hope that you give us another try.
Brookhave, United States
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Overall the accomodations were good. However, TV reception was extremely poor and the cleanliness of the bathroom was not acceptable at all. Did not even call to the front desk to have these situations rectified, as these concerns should not have been an issue for the reputation that this chain has.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, February 28, 2015
Thank you very much for your response. Our goal is guest satisfaction and guest loyalty and it means so much when our guest enjoy their stay with us. Please don't hesitate to contact me to let me know what we could have done differently to make your stay extremely satisfactory. We are constantly listening to our guest and always looking for ways to succeed. I look forward to hearing from you. I do hope that we see you again soon.
Zion Grove, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great value; clean. up to date with helpful staff. The location maintains the Hampton Inn standards. Travel on business so internet connection (no charge) is appreciated. The complimentary breakfast is perfect.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Hotel is nicely located and the staff are very courteous and helpful. The shuttle bus service is excellent, and will take you anywhere you need to go within a 5 mile radius. I didn't use the gym, but it looked very well equipped from where I was standing - which was outside smoking a cigarette. As an alcoholic I found the lack of a bar problematic, but there is a TGIF around the corner so I managed to get good and drunk on several occasions. I didn't enjoy the breakfast, but this is probably a cultural thing. In the UK, a cheese omelette is not a morning food.

Islandia, New York
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I paid and checked in for 1 night, as I visit LI frequently. Checkout time is clearly stated as 12PM. After a long drive and late arrival and also the clocks going forward 1 hour, I just needed a good nights sleep before I leave town. I also had the "do not disturb" card in the key slot.

Housekeeping began knocking at 9am and attempting to open the door at 10am. 3 additional attempts were made before 11am. Then the front desk calls at 11am, presumably to see if it was staying or going. I skipped my shower and left at 11:15am and will NEVER be back.

Don't let the Hampton name fool you. The place has potential but aggressive, relentless staff ruins it. It looks nice but feel more like a 30 year old Days Inn.

After spending $100+, I managed to sleep 3 hours. If not for the hotel staff, I would have slept a good 6-7 hours. I can see if 12pm came by, then I expect knocks and calls. But to start over an hour before checkout time is ridiculous. I understand many people are gone by 8am but not everyone. There are many other good hotels in the area. I will recommend to all of my LI friends and family and trip advisors: do yourself a favor and stay away!

The breakfast was good but if you want to sleep in a little on a Sunday morning, forget this place.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Eastcoasttravler21
Hyde Park, United States
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was the first time using a Hampton Inn. I found this Hampton Inn very clean, the staff was extremely helpful and very friendly. I was not from the area and was asking for dinning information and we were given a lot of choices. The gentleman behind the count knew the area very well and was very helpful. When we passed any workers, they always said hello with a smile.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia? Share your experiences!