“Good Location, Good Staff”

Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is an older property that is starting to show its age. Its in a good location for doing business in Suffolk County and the staff tries hard to please. Ask for a room on the back side of the property away from the freeway so it will be quieter.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thank you very much for your response. Our goal is guest satisfaction and guest loyalty and it means so much when our guest enjoy their stay with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

The hotel was nice. The room was very clean and the staff friendly. Be aware that the beds are spring mattresses. We must be spoiled with our memory foam and were sore after a couple nights of sleeping on springs again.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

This Hampton Inn is a typical Hampton Inn. Beds are comfortable, room is sufficient. Breakfast has a variety of food, nothing exciting. Breakfast staff was very nice. Desk staff was okay. For the price paid, it was a good value.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Rooms are comfortable and clean with attractive furnishings. Quiet location even though the hotel is close to a major highway. When the guests in an adjacent room were partying loudly at midnight the management dealt with the problem within minutes. The complementary hot breakfast has a good selection.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I had sworn to stay at Hilton Garden Inn, and Hilton Hotels prior to my injury. Due to the location of my appointment on Long Island, I went against my rule and stayed at the Hampton Inn. To no surprise my stay was not good. The room smelled like cleaning supplies and body odor. In the past few years I have noticed the beds are not comfortable. They feel worn out and bouncy. The kid at the front desk had more of a commitment to his Smartphone than customer relations. I will not stay at this hotel again and will drive the extra distance for a Hilton Garden Inn or another Chain.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As you know Hampton Inn unlike other hotels does stand by its 100% Guarantee, where if you are unhappy with your stay then you do not pay. I would be happy to extend this Guarantee to you. Please feel free email me or call me and I would be happy to take care of that for you. Our goal is our guest satisfaction and guest loyalty and I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Again please contact me and I would be happy to refund your night stay and hope that you do give us another try.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have stayed in a number of Hampton Inns over the years, and this one was below expectations. Three things in a room are absolutely necessary: 1) a clean bed 2)the ability to control the temperature in the room and 3) a hot shower. This hotel lacked the third. Water was lukewarm at best, and we weren't the only ones to complain. For the price, I also would have expected real glasses (only paper cups everywhere), and nicer towels/amenities. (There were plenty of towels- a plus - but they had all seen better days.) Rooms facing the road are quite noisy. The good news: beds were clean, room was big and well done, and there were plenty of plugs. Would we stay there again? No.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back of the hotel are quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear "Not As Expected"

I am very sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As you know Hampton Inn unlike other hotels does stand by its 100% Guarantee, where if you are unhappy with your stay then you do not pay. I would be happy to extend this Guarantee to you. Please feel free email me or call me and I would be happy to take care of that for you. Our goal is our guest satisfaction and guest loyalty and I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations. Again please contact me and I would be happy to refund your night stay.

Sincerely
Bruce Edgerly
Hampton Inn/ Islandia

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Great value for the money. Very clean. So nice to have cookies, tea ,and coffee in the lobby all day and evening.
Small amenities like a night light in the bathroom made it feel homey.
The staff is very friendly. Free wifi and breakfast, comfortable bedding made our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback. Our goal is guest satisfaction and guest loyalty and it means so much when our guest enjoy their stay with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.

Bruce Edgerly
Hampton Inn/ Islandia

Also consider these accommodations in or near Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia? Share your experiences!