“wedding visit family”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
hunterville
“wedding visit family”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

this hotel was so clean and the staff was so friendly , my daughters and i got a really nice work out at there gym , we did not use the pool but looked nice , i called a few weeks ahead and asked for ajoining rooms or rooms next to each other not a problem !! the only down side was the breakfast there was many things to choose from but most of it was cold or had little or no flavor , the toasters did not work ,the sausage was not cooked well , and there was only one woman taking care of it all she was swamped i felt bad for her, it was crazy with the amount of guests that where there, even had another guest ask me if i worked there and could i make her a waffle ! i would give this hotel a 4 out of 5 ,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, February 28, 2015
Thank you very much for your response. Our goal is guest satisfaction and guest loyalty and it means so much when our guest enjoy their stay with us. Please don't hesitate to contact me to let me know what we could have done differently to make your stay extremely satisfactory. We are constantly listening to our guest and always looking for ways to succeed. I look forward to hearing from you. I do hope that we see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Louisville, KY
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Stayed for a few days while in town for family stuff. Beds were comfortable and rooms were what I would expect. The shower water pressure could have been a bit stronger, but otherwise clean and great air conditioning. This hotel is located just of the LIE and I would highly recommend that you request a room on the back side of the hotel. I was on the front and recommended that the remainder of my party request the back side and they had much better rest. Used the wifi to check up on work and it was quite fast for a hotel. Small workout room was definitely popular in the morning. Breakfast area was large and had the standard Hampton selections. I actually found the customer service to be quite good and the front desk staff were helpful at all times.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room on the back side of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Thank you very much for your response. Our goal is guest satisfaction and guest loyalty and it means so much when our guest enjoy their stay with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I were in town for a reunion and stayed at the Hampton Inn because it was close to the place we were going. I am a hilton honors diamond member so I stay in about 60 different hilton brand hotels a year. This one was just as clean as usual, but the customer service wasnt as good as most. We waited to check in for about 5 minutes while the general manager (according to his badge) was walking around as slow as can be. When he finally did help us, he seemed to be put out because we were checking in. The other guy behind the desk was answering a questions for a guest and when the guest asked if he could smoke a cigar outside, the guy answered with, "can I have one?" and was serious. As minor as that might seem, I found that kind of uncalled for in a hotel. I am sure the Hilton Headquarters wouldnt be ok with that, especially when other people are waiting to check in. All in all it was a nice hotel and the rooms were clean, fresh and pretty large. But customer service could be better.

Room Tip: We were in room 324 and I must say that when people were in the hallway, it was so loud in the room...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, United States
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The front desk person called me in my room to tell me that I looked very nice in a sultry voice. Very inappropriate and creepy. The kitchen staff was very loud and woke me up very very early to start their breakfast. I got in at 1:30am. Someone's used soap and towel was still in the bathroom. I didn't complain because the bed was made and I was exhausted. The beds were comfortable, but how can someone sleep in this hotel?

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Shrub Oak, United States
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Very good hotel. However, I was disappointed that I could not use the pool on the day of my check-out. That is, while I was able to use it in the early morning, once I checked-out I was not permitted to use it. Other hotels at which I have stayed have allowed me to continue using their pool for the remainder of the check-out day.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Toronto
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Although it is not close to the beach, it is very close to everything you need, including the beaches and an easy drive into Manhattan. The front desk staff was great - thanks Nadia and Bruce! The room was very clean and quiet, with the bedding having a very faint bleach smell that I find very reassuring. Love the fridges (with freezer!) and microwave in the rooms, especially when staying more than one night and with children. I would definitely recommend this place again. Breakfast was good, something different each day and lots of choice.

1 Thank Anna67
Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your feedback. Our goal is guest satisfaction and guest loyalty and it means so much when our guest enjoy their stay with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Bermuda
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This hotel had everything we needed for a week-long stay in the area. Quiet room (no traffic noise even though the freeway was nearby), clean and tidy. Staff were friendly and helpful. A great location for exploring other parts of Long Island. Complimentary buffet breakfast each morning was a nice touch. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Scott40
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Holiday Inn Express Hauppauge
Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino

Been to Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia? Share your experiences!