“Good prospects but a little weathered”

Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
Hollywood, Maryland
“Good prospects but a little weathered”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Hotel is undergoing some re-modeling which makes the first floor check-in area a little dreary. Breakfast has been moved to the second floor into a conference room but tables and eating area were not the cleanest. Room had an aroma when arrived, not sure what it was but not a good smell. Had a king/sofa combo but all items really packed in. Had fridge and microwave and sheets were clean which is always a plus. Bathroom was clean. TV selection was above average. Gym was small but had excellent equipments and variety.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Shawn R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Guest - We have just finished renovations and would love for you to return and try us again. Please reach out to me directly and I will enure a positive stay. Many thanks

Shawn
631-234-0400

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kings Park, New York
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We arrived to a noisy and dusty renovation of the lobby going on which i had not been told about prior. I realize that this has to happen occaisionally. Pool was 72 degrees and we could not stay in the cold water more than 10 minutes before our lips started chattering. No hot water in the morning for hours....so NO shower! Breakfast great, staff nice enough, decent workout room.
At checkout when I voiced my above complaints I asked for 50% discount which clerk gave me, THEN I saw the Satisfaction Guarantee and demanded that. SO THEN we were compensated 100% for our stay. I'm angered that the clerk, after hearing my complaints did not offer to me the Satisfaction Guarantee on her own. Would never go to this hotel again and in fact this has soured me on all Hampton Inns.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shawn R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Dear Guest - I would like to offer our deepest apologies and promise to you that this occurence is not the norm for our property. When you have a moment can you call me and I will make this up to you. We value your business and do not want you to leave, please call me.
631-234-0400
Howell, New Jersey
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The Hotel staff were polite and professional. The room was clean and comfortable. The Spa/Pool area was clean and well stocked with towels. The breakfast could be much better for the price of the room. The hotel is located just of the Long Island Expressway on Verterans Highway, very convenient to transportation and the local airport. The lobby was under construction and there was dirt/dust everywhere. The rates are higher than other Hilton properties in the area (Hilton Garden Inn) and the others have a much better breakfast value than the Hampton. I stay at the Hampton when the Hilton has no rooms available. The better deal and overall experience is at the Hilton.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, February 28, 2015
Thank you very much for your response. Our goal is guest satisfaction and guest loyalty and it means so much when our guest enjoy their stay with us. Please don't hesitate to contact me to let me know what we could have done differently to make your stay extremely satisfactory. We are constantly listening to our guest and always looking for ways to succeed. I look forward to hearing from you. I do hope that we see you again soon.
Honolulu
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Arrived at this hotel to discover that I was bringing my family into the middle of a construction zone, with noise and dust everywhere in the lobby. On top of this they were charging full rate with no discount for the inconvenience caused. We immediately checked out and moved to an alternate Hilton Hotel (Garden Inn) which was cheaper and much more pleasant.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Shawn R, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear guest - We apologize for the inconveniances suffered while visiting us at the Hampton Islandia, if you give me a chance i would like to make this up to you. My number is 631-234-0400, i would like the opportunity to speak with you further. Many thanks.
Detroit, MI
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We had no idea when we booked that the lobby was under renovation - that isn't any huge deal as it needs to happen occasionally, but we just didn't know, and for what we spent a night, I don't expect to walk through a construction zone. I know we're just after Sandy and there's a lot that may have been damaged and the staff's been through a lot, but it felt like a dump even though my room was clean on the surface. But I walk into the room, and one of the beds is rumpled and the curtain is askew - there is no pride in this place. Then I went into the bathroom, and the tub has a long line of rust stain between the spigot & drain. The bath looked renovated but obviously they kept the old 1980's tub controls. I understood the stain the next morning as the water wouldn't shut off no matter how hard I turned the faucet. I found the desk clerk not super welcome, although not unwelcoming - just stressed maybe? definitely not a people pleaser. I would have spent money out of my own pocket to stay at the Hilton down the road in hindsight.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear guest - We clearly did not meet your expectations, we apologize for all the occurences you experianced while staying with us. I would like to make this up to you, please give me a call when you have a moment and i am sure we can make ammends. 631-234-0400, our deepest apologies.
Central Islip, New York
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My wife and I were unfortunatly Super Storm Sandy victims but were very luckey that there was room at this Inn. Shawn, Mark, Suzanne and Gilda made our 2 month stay a real pleasent experience even in the face of losing our home. We were always treated with dignity and respect by all the staff at this location and made to feel special.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bruce E, General Manager at Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia, responded to this review, September 11, 2014
Thank you very much for your response. I am so glad to hear that you and your family enjoyed your time with us. Our goal is guest satisfaction and guest loyalty and it means so much when our guest enjoy their stay with us. Thank you again and we hope to see you soon.
Garden City, New York
Reviewed December 5, 2012

The Hilton brand is lacking at this location on many levels. When you arrive at a Hampton Inn you expect the very best and 100% satisfaction! The location of the hotel is somewhat farther out east off of I-495, away from Nassau County. The rooms are adequate & clean. However, what is the purpose of making a reservation for a specific room type to only be told upon arrival that this is all we have and you should be happy with a clean-safe room. When the property manager does not bother to address your concerns and customer resolutions does not respond to your complaints, staying at this property should NOT be your first choice. Housekeeping entered my room twice while I was asleep and removed my invoice from the floor (which I never saw) and then apologized when I made them aware I noted they were in my room. Called the front desk to replace batteries in the remote and after 1hr., had to go down to the front desk to retrieve fresh batteries. I do not expect this at The Hampton Inn! Breakfast buffet is tasty and parking is adequate.

Originally had a reservation two nights, but moved to another location the second night. There is a difference between a "motel" and "hotel" especially to business travelers. The "business center" is not conducive to a private working environment out in the lobby; too distracting, but works for limited tasks. You lower your standards when you don't stick to the brand and don't value your guests concerns.

Room Tip: First floor rooms smaller; too noisey. Upper level rooms, seem larger and are quieter.