“Islandia Marriott Goes Above and Beyond the Call of Duty”

Islandia Marriott Long Island
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
Huntington, New York
“Islandia Marriott Goes Above and Beyond the Call of Duty”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2014

I have been staying at the Islandia Marriott for a very extended period of time for business and have received five star quality service. The staff has goes above and beyond the call of duty to accommodate all my needs and have made me feel like family during my stay.

The staff works very hard to accommodate yet they are not well compensated yet they take pride when the Marriott gives them an "Award of Excellence" each time their name is mentioned on Tripadvisor or a Marriott survey. If you receive exceptional service from the staff, they are most appreciative when you write a review and mention their name.

Damien, the General Manager has been very accommodating and does an outstanding job managing the hotel. AnnMarie, Yoonhee and Matt D. of administration do an excellent job assisting Damien with managing.

The front desk staff is fantastic. Derek, Joe A., Rahul, James, Michael, Alexis, Jennifer, Marta, Alicia, Aziz, Alec, Kim and Alyssa aim to please!

The housekeeping department is the hardest working yet least recognized department. Claudia, the manager is exceptional. Maritza, Dina P., Alba, Isidora, Andrea, Rebecca, Esmeralda and Emelis all take pride in their job and always make sure I have everything I need.

The food and beverage department is superb. Cassidy does a fantastic job managing the food and beverage department followed by Jennifer S. and Brittany. Dunel, Marge, Arzu, Solana, Luna, Nicole, Donna, Ramon and Camille of the Bistro and Concierge always greet and serve me with a smile. The Atrium Lounge reminds me of "Cheers" where everybody knows your name and makes you feel like family. John, Jasmine, Charlie, Michal, Tess, Richard, Mel, Kala, George and Adrianna make you feel right at home. Room service is always prompt and quite pleasant. Essence, Xiomara, Ana, Christine and Sita are excellent! The kitchen is well managed and prepares their food with pride. I am grateful to Shamine, Vnny, Cory, Jose, Juan and Mohammed who work hard to please!

The bell staff always greet me with a smile and are always ready to give me anything I need. Miguel, Ivan, Orlando, Jonas, Vincent, Roy, Jose, Peter, Mike O. and Darryl are always there to accommodate.

The engineering department is the core of the hote and always there to service my needs and led by Eli and Razi who work very hard and diligent to keep the hotel maintained and accommodate the guests. Razi is a computer engineer who helped me with programming my computer and saved me hours of time! Sal, Ryan, Daghan, Keith and Kevin are always there for me and I'm grateful for their service.

There are others whom I don't know personally but want to thank for being so personal and making me feel at home.

Room Tip: Ask for the Front Office Manager or Supervisor.
Green Features: They should recycle paper, cardboard, glass, cans and metals. Solid Waste disposal is expensive is a big problem and I'm surprised the Marriott doesn't recycle.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Patty19592014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Turkish first
Nyack, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2014

Yesterday I stayed here for a business trip. I was my first time at this Marriott. I could not get over how friendly and accomidating everyone was. EVERY person who worked at this hotel greeted me with a friendly "Hello" and wished me a pleasant stay. The front desk staff both at check in and check out were very helpful and accomidating! This hotel gets an A+ for service!!! The hotel itself was beautiful and very clean and very convenient to the highway. As always, the Marriott beds were amazing and my room was very comfortable. I was thrilled for the free WiFi, as it is such a turn off when you have to pay for WiFi. All in all, it was an A+ visit at the Islandia Marriott!

1 Thank Andrea C
Lake Wylie, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

We have recently relocated from the Long Island area but return for visits to see friends and family often. It has become our custom to spend the last evening of our visits at the Islandia Marriott. It is a bit "pricey" but a great way to treat ourselves before heading home. The staff are all friendly and welcoming, the rooms beautifully done, and the food is far better than most hotel fare. We hope to be able to visit and stay at the hotel again in the near future.

Westchester County, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

So what made me write this review? I am on the road roughly 100 day a year. So it takes a lot to wow me. Today was one of those days. Before I left home my daughter gave me a bowl of meatballs she made especially for me. Yes, I took her meatballs on my trip. Anyway, I get to the Marriott and went to the bar and explained to George the bartender how I had my daughters meatballs and how I promised her I would eat them. With this, he went to the kitchen and toasted a wedge and melted mozzarella cheese. I now have a meatball parm wedge. This is why I stay at this hotel. George, and the rest of the staff go out of their way to make ones stay perfect. Everyone in this hotel truly cares.

1 Thank westchestercounty100
Cheshire, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stayed here from March 21 - March 23 as part of a dance competition. Everything was amazing. From check in through check out. The place was crazy busy on Saturday with the competition and hosting some weddings. The staff was great. They did their best making sure everyone was taken care of. Someone commented that the elevator was god awful slow...I don't think that was something controllable since everyone was trying to check out and/or move about from 10:00 a.m. - 1:30 p.m. yesterday morning. This hotel is extremely clean. The staff is wonderful. I would certainly return here and recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Beth H
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2014

James at the front desk was amazing. He made sure our room was all set for an early check in. The staff was great. But there was a dance competition going on with a thousand little kids running around. Was way over crowded but the staff did a great job and were very nice. The elevator was god awful slow. The room was nice but it was by far the smallest bathroom ever. Had breakfast at checkout that was good.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank JillRN25
Damien H, General Manager at Islandia Marriott Long Island, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
Good afternoon Jill!

I am so happy you decided to stay with us over the weekend... I know there are a few options in the area but I feel like we provide the best service and genuine care (like you experienced with James and the rest of the team) and we are improving more each and every day!

As to the elevators... I know, trust me... We are almost finished with a million dollar renovation of the total mechanics of each elevator bringing them to state of the art quality. We are just finishing up the Service Elevator now, so until it's completed, all of the hotel staff has to use the guest elevators. Couple that with a busy weekend and it's just not a win win situation.

Again, thank you for choosing to stay with us Jill. Very much appreciated and I hope to meet you on your next trip in so I can share some of the other exciting changes we have in store for the hotel!

Damien
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I'm here often as I like the location. The facility is nice and very well maintained. The staff is engaged and committed.

The concierge lounge is the best I've visited. Great food. Outstanding Hospitality.

1 Thank slwllng
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook

Been to Islandia Marriott Long Island? Share your experiences!