“Place to relax and unwind.”

Islandia Marriott Long Island
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
West Hempstead, New York
“Place to relax and unwind.”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Great hotel and extra courteous staff at this hotel. They have a large pool, great exercise room overlooking the pool and the breakfast is delicious. Its close to home a great getaway. Only drawback is that they eliminated the hot tub due to new handicap regulations/ What a shame. Missed it.
The hotel is currently doing renovations so call first.

Room Tip: Nerar good restaurants and places to see.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Joan P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Turkish first
Arlington, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

I was here with a group for work. The hotel is older and they are installing new elevators. They had the foresight to have someone at the 1 working elevator along with the freight elevator. This person greets, holds the door and communicates with the other employee the location of the elevator and the guest is directed to the closest one to avoid long waits. Every person that we encountered during our stay was extremely pleasant.

My room was comfortable and clean. I woke one morning to find water with black stuff rising in my tube. Maintenance was there promptly, repaired and cleaned it.

Continental breakfast with scrambled eggs, beautiful fresh fruit, freshly made oatmeal with all the toppings, along with breads and cold cereal is offered in the Concierge Lounge to those on the 9th & 10th floors. Key access is required. I really enjoyed it and I typically avoid Continental breakfasts. Also, snacks and dessert are offered in the evenings and there's an attendant on duty when it's open. Alcohol can be purchased. They have The Bistro, but I didn't eat there. Others in the group did and they were not satisfied with the service at all.

The hotel is convenient to the freeway and many restaurants. A car is required.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Travelingyogi82
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Stayed here on business for 4 nights in July. The is a good standard Marriott which large rooms and good business facilities. The major problem is the food - the breakfast buffet is not good quality probably because not many people staying there. The bar area is small in the atrium and you can here all the people in the swimming pool at the other end but worst of all was a bad streak and bad fish I had on the two night I ate in. Also note the air conditioning does not work well so if you go on a hot day as I did then sleeping is a problem.

Room Tip: Higher floor the better - get outside facing not atrium facing
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
waretown
Reviewed August 8, 2013

My husband I recently stayed at the Islandia Marriott. It was a great choice,and we will
most certainly return.

The GM,Damien,personally sought us out to ascertain if we were pleased with the room.

The Hotel was very clean ,and we could see employees constantly working to keep it
in that condition.

The management has instilled in each employee a desire to make sure each guest feels
welcomed . It is obvious that they love their jobs.

Two employees were very helpful ,and they should be commended.
Kala at the bar during lunch,and Ana our server at dinner. These people are examples
of employees who make their guests feel welcome.

Please stay at this hotel in Long Island

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mandrew524
Waretown, New Jersey
Reviewed August 6, 2013

My wife and I love to stay at Marriott hotels. This hotel was great.

The Hotel is run by a GM (Damien) who went the extra mile in customer service.

He sent us a welcome e-mail and met us at the bar on our arrival to make sure we were
happy with our room. We gave him a few suggestions that we have experienced at the Marriott Aruba. He immediately implemented them at the Islandia Marriott.

We would like to commend the following employees who made our stay special.
Kala who ran the Bar was so personal and Helpful with lunch.She made us feel very welcome,
and special.
Ana was our server at Dinner ,and made our dining experience fantastic!

If you are in Long Island PLEASE stay at this hotel!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I really want to give this hotel a better review but I just can't. Let me start with the positives: staff was GREAT! Every person I interacted with from phone calls to bell men to front desk, they were all about pleasing me. Now the negatives (which are circumstantial I will also say): I called 3 weeks before my arrival to request a adjoining room to my father in law and a crib for my son. I was told to call the Monday before my arrival. On the Monday prior, I called again. I spoke to someone and explained the situation (we were there with a large wedding party) but my request was simply to be adjoining to one person. I also requested a crib and asked the person on the phone if they would be providing a crib or a pack n play. I was told that they had both and I can specify what I want which was a crib. I also asked for a fridge to be placed in my room for my son's milk. (Note rooms do not come with a fridge but they will bring one free of charge) I called again the MORNING of my arrival to once again check on my adjoining room request and to mention I would be arriving late and would really appreciate the crib already being in place. This time I got a bit of hesitation from the person on the other end of the phone but they said they would "see what he could do". I arrived that evening to find out 1) I was not in a room adjoining my father in law and we were not even on the same floor! 2) my room did not have a crib nor a fridge in it as I went upstairs. The front desk had a bell hop bring the fridge and crib but he showed up with a pack n play. I explained to him that I needed a crib and be told me they did not have any.

The other unfortunate circumstances were that the hotel was 100% sold out some of my nights there. I point this out because the hotel has only 2 elevators and one is currently down for maintenance. This made life miserable. You could wait as much as 10 mins to catch an elevator nd then jam in like sardines. The hotel did offer their service elevator for use but it suffered many of the same issues.

And my straw on the camel's back...as I got off the service elevator on my floor the second day, I saw cribs galore just sitting there!! I mean tons of them. Ugh I was so mad.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2013

Check in was fine but the rest of the stay went downhill from there. One of the two hotel elevators was being renovated so wait was forever. They allow you to use service elevator however when the elevator came down it was filled with trash. I don't mind taking the stairs but you need to go outside the building to access them and they are not secured. When we got to our room there was garbage in the room including half a book of matches left on the floor. I called the front desk who told me they would talk to the manager and someone would get back to me in 5 mins. 20 minutes later and now almost an hour since we entered the hotel I called them back. We then had to wait another 20 minutes for the employee to make their way on the elevator to our room to give us our new room key.
I found the hotel a big disappointment. Nothing has been updated, the rooms are small with tiny bathrooms. For a full service Marriott, this was not worthy of that. We will avoid this hotel and wait to see if they ever do the renovations.

• Stayed July 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Stony Brook

Been to Islandia Marriott Long Island? Share your experiences!