“Overall nice staff and hotel.”

Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Islandia
Clifton, New Jersey
“Overall nice staff and hotel.”
Reviewed October 28, 2012

I'm a Marriott Platinum member who stayed at this hotel and it was really nice except for one issue. Overall, the front desk was professional as well as the bell staff. The room was nice as well. The con, breakfast wait staff needs improvement. I sat down for breakfast and asked for a cup of tea, never got it. Tried asking someone for help and they told they would try to find my waiter. Turns out, the waiter was never found. Besides this the hotel is nice and good location.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Bruce A, General Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the uncomfortable experience you’ve had in our restaurant and rest assured we will look into this matter so that your next visit will hold a much pleasant experience. Thank you for taking the time to tell us, and other travelers, about your experience with us and we hope to have you with us again real soon.

Bruce Atabek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Turkish first
Seattle
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a nice hotel. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The beds had crisp clean sheets and a lot of pillows. We booked our rooms with the breakfast buffet included and had vouchers to use in the restaurant. Breakfast was excellent and included made to order eggs and omelets. The restaurant wait staff was excellent and went out of their way to accommodate us.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the interior atrium get some noise from the open bar/restaurant below.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel on tripadvisor. I’m pleased you had an excellent experience, and hope that we will see you again soon.

Norway
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here one night for a reunion. The room is spacious with a large desk area. The beds are comfortable and my A/C worked perfectly. You can buy wifi for 24 hours at a time, but the signal was not very good in this room, located furthest from the desk area. I had to use a cable which confined me to the desk, and didn't allow me to use my ipad. The desk removed my fee for the inconvenience. The breakfast had an omelet/waffle chef who made on demand. Waiters served coffee and juice, but the wait was often too long...I had finished my omelet before my coffee came and it took another 5-10 min before they came with the cream. The staff was always helpful, even printing my boarding passes.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Bruce A, General Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for review on Trip Advisor. We appreciate your business.
Your comments are valuable to us and can only help us to better our services. We are glad that you have enjoyed your stay and I apologize for the service you have received during breakfast. We take every single chance to improve our level of service and we are proud of our award winning hotel and quality of guest services.
Again, I thank you for your comments and we hope to serve you in the future again.

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
Reviewed October 7, 2012

I've stayed here for both business and pleasure and the hotel staff is always warm and friendly.

The rooms are spacious with comfortable beds and a large bathroom with good counter space, and nice amenities from Bath and Body Works. I prefer a wireless connection for WIFI and theirs always works fine.

The hotel is located right off the highway, but not a whole lot to do within walking distance. The hotel shuttle will take you to the nearest train station, or to a Dave & Busters nearby if you don't have a car. There is also a Hooters and Dunkin Donuts down the street (which is a little bit of a walk).

The restaurant/bar food is good and a nice experience on a quiet night. However, if there is something going on like a wedding it can be very loud. The restaurant is located on one side of the atrium and the pool on the other, so while having dinner there were a bunch of kids in the pool and it was very, very loud.

I will agree with the other reviews that the elevators can be very slow. I have also had to take the freight elevator on one occasion because the elevators were broken.

Overall, I would recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the back of the hotel if you prefer a quiet room. Inside rooms facing the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Bruce A, Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for leaving your review on TripAdvisor.

We are proud of our hotel and services in Islandia Marriott. We do our best to make our guest comfortable during their stay. Comments like your's keep us going day in, day out. Thank you very much for your king feed back.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

Melbourne
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed recently for a business trip, and I thought I worked long hours! The Director of Food & Beverage, Rohan Krishan, was there when I came down for breakfast at 7:30 and STILL there (being just as helpful and friendly) when I got back to the hotel at 8:30 all three nights! The room was clean and comfortable and the rest of the staff were also friendly and helpful!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Islandia Marriott. It is always our goal to make each and every guest's stay enjoyable and we love to hear when we accomplish this. I will share your kind words about Mr. Krishan. He is truly an asset to our success. My staff and I hope that you will be able to return again soon and Thank you for choosing to stay at the Islandia Marriott.

Port Perry, Canada
Reviewed September 24, 2012

This was our second year staying in Islandia for a weekend tournament at the local baseball heaven facility. The staff is fabulous, the free shuttle was great for heading out to dinner. The pool is well cared for and the rooms are more than enough. Location is great for train into the city, big mall Smithhaven not too far. Highly recommend this hotel. The beds are so comfortable, I and many in our big group commented on this! Thank to the Marriott Islandia!

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room overlooking the main lobby/pool/restaurant. There are rooms looking outside if y...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your kind feedback.

I am very delighted to learn that we were able to make you comfortable in our property and to secure a pleasant stay for you in general.

We hope to welcome you back soon.

Best Regards,

General Manage
Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed September 14, 2012

My mother and I stayed at this hotel for one night in August 2012 for a wedding. The hotel was large, the concierge was very friendly, and our room was clean and well appointed. For the most part, everything was as I would expect from a Marriott. However, the hotel is rather large, and there was only 1 functioning elevator. With several wedding parties and a baseball tournament all being housed in the hotel, the single elevator was really difficult. There was always a very long wait for the elevator, and once you were able to get inside, it was very crowded. In a hotel of this size, this issue needs to be fixed quickly.

Other than the faulty elevators, our stay was very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Bruce A, General Manager at Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I would like to thank you for staying with us here in Islandia Marriott. I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to leave a comment on TripAdvisor.

Unfortunately having building with only two elevators is never easy. Especially when the hotel is at full capacity. We know that when there are so many kids in the hotel, they tend to play with the elevators. If you noticed we placed security guards in the elevators in order to eliminate this problem. However we could not prevent one of them being out of order during your stay. I apologize the inconvenience and hope that you will give us another chance to serve you in the future.

Sincerely

Bruce Atabek
Also consider these accommodations in or near Islandia
Hyatt Regency Long Island
Hyatt Regency Long Island
#1 of 4 in Hauppauge
Hampton Inn Long Island/Islandia
Hilton Garden Inn Islip/MacArthur Airport
Residence Inn Long Island Hauppauge/Islandia
La Quinta Inn & Suites Islip MacArthur Airport
Courtyard Long Island MacArthur Airport

Been to Jake's 58 Hotel & Casino? Share your experiences!