“Good food, good attitude”
Review of Amazon Cafe - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Amazon Cafe
Maryland
“Good food, good attitude”
Reviewed September 5, 2011

I didn't plan to eat here. I had another restaurant in the same shopping center planned for dinner, but as you can read on another one of my reviews, I needed a back up choice.

I had seen the outside of Amazon Cafe when I went to the bagel place next door, but never ventured in. But tonight a nice sandwhich, soup, or/and a smoothie sounded like something different.

First, I need to call out the warm greeting and friendly attitude of the owner. I don't know his name, but we chatted while he prepared my sandwhich. Having never been inside before, I really didnt know what I wanted. The owner suggested several popular items, and I had a tortilla wrap chicken sandwhich with fresh lettuce, tomato and honey mustard. He saw me looking at the smoothy board, asked about food allergies (milk products for me) and suggested a berry / banana smoothie made with sorbet. I ordered a medium (and later wished I ordered a large, it was really,REALLY good. Soup rounded out my meal which I took back to the hotel to eat, since the restaurant was getting ready to close. Note that even though it was near closing time I was invited to stay and eat, and more importintly, everything was fresh - something you don't always experience at the end of the work day.

While the sandwhich was terrific, the smoothie was great, I wasn't overly impressed by the soup (chicken noodle). There was a wide selection of soups, and next time I'll try something else.

Give this place a try - You'll enjoy the food and the service.

• Visited September 2011