“Nice stay here”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Irondequoit
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Nice stay here”
Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

Good location. There is a Target right next door. A liquor store right across the street. what more do you need? Easy access to expressway. The room we stayed in was very clean. The gym and pool were clean and attended to. The customer service at the front desk was excellent. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Tropicgrl
Nicole T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! We do have many places to shop and restaurants within walking distance of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again soon!!

Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Bolingbrook, IL
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times while visiting my family in the area. On the whole, it was an "o.k." stay. On the plus side, the management allowed us in the pool before the official opening time of 10 a.m. On the minus side, the rooms were really perfume-y....almost like they were trying to hide the fact that maybe once they had been smoking rooms. It was nauseating until you acclimated to it.

Room Tip: The room temp was on the high side, and the linens were so arranged on the bed -- tucked in tightly...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review!! Feedback such as yours lets us know what areas that we need to improve. If you would like to further discuss your stay please email me at nicole.taft@pillarhotels.com

Nashville, Georgia
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I would like to say the Staff here has to be some of the sweetest, friendliest I have ever met at a Hotel. and it's not just the front desk staff, housekeeping is always smiling and giggling and welcoming you as you pass them in the hallway!! I have read a couple of the reviews on line, No this Hotel is not new and fancy but very clean, from the lobby to the pool to the rooms very clean. I would recommend to anyone needing a great place to stay in this area, check out this Hotel!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Nicole T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you so much for your awesome review!! We pride ourselves on our customer service and on making every guest feel like they are at home. I am going to share your review with the entire staff!!

Waynesboro, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Hotel was very clean with nice rooms.
Check in was easy and staff very friendly.
Room was well kept, clean and quiet.
Pool area and fitness room were nice.
Breakfast is nice for a free breakfast.
there were plenty of brochures with places to visiti and places to eat.
Hotel is easy to find and central to most areas. Easy to find your way from this hotel to just about anywhere.

Room Tip: We had three rooms, one on each floor. we all found them comfortable.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Nicole T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I have shared your comments with the entire team. It is comments like yours that lets us know how we are doing. We enjoyed having you syay with us and hope to see you again soon!!

Syracuse, New York
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Front desk staff was very nice. The room was clean and smelled pleasant. Water pressure was good. The beds were comfortable. It's a little worn; some of the wallpaper was starting to come off in places. We had a regular room, which was average size, and had no fridge or microwave. The breakfast was included which is always a plus. They had scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, biscuits with gravy, bagels, toast, french toast, cinnamon rolls, 3-4 different cereals, yogurt, juices, coffee, etc. There was a lot to choose from and they really kept it well stocked. The only thing missing was fruit. The only fruit that was there was 1 banana and it stayed that way the whole time. The pool was good. It went from about 3 feet to 4 feet which was great for my 5 year old. There are windows all along the pool room into the hallway of the hotel which was a little weird. As groups of people kept walking by I felt like I was in a fishbowl. There is a hot tub as well, but unfortunately it was closed down while I was there. There was a sign about it, it had a cover over it and they put a giant plant on top of the cover, which made me laugh. The immediate neighborhood we found a little sketchy. Overall, it was good and I'd stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Nicole T, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay with nus. We hope to see you and your family again soon.

Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in Jan, we were in town to take our two children to the Museum of Play. The room was clean, large, and was in a very convenient location. However I had read a few complaints on here about the sheets not fitting the bed very well, and they were right!! I first night I was up multiple times fixing the sheets on both beds (made for a long night). I told the front staff and they had house keeping put new bedding on... not a single different made, same thing happened on our second night. it didn't help that I was in a bit of a mood as the fire alarm went off right after I put my son to bed. We get up, rush out of the room get down stairs, to it being a false alarm. (I was ok with part) The girl at the front counter got the alarm turned off and instead of re assuring the families with small children who are frightened at this point, she laughed and giggled about it with teenage boy sports team that was staying there. So now my 4 year old son has said that we cannot at the hotel with the big green H as it is scary. I think an explanation as to why the alarm was set off would have been more appropriate.

I am still undecided as if I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
girlywifey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
I do apologize that you were not entirely satisfid with your stay. I have spoken to our Executive Housekeeper regarding the issue you experienced with the sheets on your bed. if you would like to further discuss your stay please do not hesitate to contact me at nicole.taft@pillarhotels.com

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My Grandma passed away here in VA and I had to make hotel arrangements in Rochester area. My dad, brother and I drove for the funeral. Dad had a lot on his hands so I took care of accommodations. I usually book online but this time I had to call to make sure everything was stress-free for dad. Dad asked for separate rooms so we were assured of a good night sleep. I spoke to Daisy on the phone and she made the arrangements perfect. Asked for one smoke and two non smoke and she set us up in three rooms all together. I told my family how she handled all and they liked her when she was there to greet us. Although not gourmet breakfast we enjoyed the hot meals every morning making our plans. Have to emphasize how Daisy and the staff were very polite and put us at ease. Very clean motel, too. Thanks HIExpress for pleasant stay!!!

Room Tip: Dad and Bro, in adjacent rooms, did not smell my cig smoke. So being a smoking/non-smoking motel sho...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
We are so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are one of the few hotels in the area that have smoking rooms. We work hard to ensure that the non smoking guests are not affected by this. We do hope to see you and your family again soon!

Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Webster
Comfort Inn West
Comfort Inn West
#26 of 31 in Rochester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit? Share your experiences!