“Excellent”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Irondequoit
Reviewed January 30, 2013

My Grandma passed away here in VA and I had to make hotel arrangements in Rochester area. My dad, brother and I drove for the funeral. Dad had a lot on his hands so I took care of accommodations. I usually book online but this time I had to call to make sure everything was stress-free for dad. Dad asked for separate rooms so we were assured of a good night sleep. I spoke to Daisy on the phone and she made the arrangements perfect. Asked for one smoke and two non smoke and she set us up in three rooms all together. I told my family how she handled all and they liked her when she was there to greet us. Although not gourmet breakfast we enjoyed the hot meals every morning making our plans. Have to emphasize how Daisy and the staff were very polite and put us at ease. Very clean motel, too. Thanks HIExpress for pleasant stay!!!

Room Tip: Dad and Bro, in adjacent rooms, did not smell my cig smoke. So being a smoking/non-smoking motel sho...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
girlywifey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

We are so sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are one of the few hotels in the area that have smoking rooms. We work hard to ensure that the non smoking guests are not affected by this. We do hope to see you and your family again soon!

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This hotel has to be the BEST of any I have ever stayed at!!! The whole entire staff was professional, compassionate, friendly, and understanding as well as flexible. When you walk in the door someone is always there to greet you with a smile on their face. They can accommodate just about anything you need. The continental breakfast is unlike any I have ever seen with pancakes, biscuits and gravy, omelettes, bagels, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, french toast, english muffins and the list just goes on. If you are EVER in the area and are looking for a place to stay worth the money then this would be your stop... They even have smoking rooms available in a separate section.... This place is just awesome. Can't say enough good about it!!! :>)

Room Tip: Any of the rooms I am imaging would be the same. However I was on the 3rd floor and everything was g...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts with us. Feedback like yours is very much appreciated by the entire staff. We look forward to seeing you again soon!!!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We just returned from this hotel yesterday after a four night stay. Sophie at the front desk was very helpful upon our arrival. As mentioned by previous posters, the location is really solid. The room was quite spacious and very comfortable. The bathroom was quite large, very well lit and had an exhaust fan (a big plus in my book). We ate breakfast there everyday and it was really quite nice with a good variety of things to eat. The heat worked well, which was important given there was 15" of snow on the ground!

Quite an enjoyable stay and I see no reason why we wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience! Sophie is a wonderful team member and we are glad to have her. Our breakfast buffet is a favorite among many of our guests. We hope to see you again soon and we will try to have better weather for your next visit!

Reviewed November 26, 2012

As others mentioned, Daisy at the front desk was extremely helpful. We arrived in town a bit earlier than we had expected and fortunately the room was ready so we were allowed in. It was convenient to have a Target and a grocery store within walking distance. Pool was fine, but yes, small and only 3.5 ft deep.. Not a deal breaker. Can still get in there and splash around.
We did not take advantage of the breakfast at all but did grab some free coffee. That was certainly nice and convenient.
My only concern was with the beds. The fitted sheets would not stay on - were they not the right size? It was on both beds we had also. It wasn't something we'd complain about because it's probably the same in all of the rooms but it was just an annoyance.
Overall it was okay. About what we expected for what we paid.

Room Tip: There is a highway side and an access road side. Not sure which is better. They're both probably...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jvg62
girlywifey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your honest feedback regarding your stay. I have addressed your concerns with our Executive Housekeeper so that this does not happen to anither guest.
If I can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed October 18, 2012

The hotel staffs are friendly, the rooms are clean and relatively new. The location is good, with Ihop, Target, Sears, etc. nearby, and there are quite a few other restaurants within a few minutes' drive on East Ridge Rd. To downtown takes less than 15 min. There's a pool and gym, but the pool is quite small. Hot breakfast is included every morning. Overall it's a good value.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank oxmon
girlywifey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have posted your review for the entire staff!! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and all the wonderful things that we have in our area. We hope to see you again soon!!!!

Reviewed October 11, 2012

There are many parking lots, I didn't have to worry about it.
There is a swimming pool inside the building but I didn't use it. However, it was looking good, clean and private.
The lady at the front desk was very friendly.
The room was nice, clean, but I can hear the footstep from outside.
The bathroom was clean, bright. And there is a hair dryer in the bathroom.
Everything was good. Nothing special.
It was easy to go to the Strong hospital, just about 15 mins.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room next to the road which is I can hear the car at night. I would recommend to st...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
girlywifey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again!!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Just walked in for a room and boy was this a great change from where we stayed last night. Right off the bat, Daisy was very helpful and friendly. Rooms and services were above expectation.
The hotel is about half way between Rochester and the lake in a decent area. Lots of shopping within walking distance

• Stayed: September 2012
girlywifey, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your opinion with us and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay. Daisy is an absolute treasure and we are so lucky to have her!! We hope that you do choose to stay with us again while in the Irondequoit , NY area.

Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Rochester Airport Marriott
Rochester Airport Marriott
#8 of 29 in Rochester

Been to Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit? Share your experiences!