“Worth the price we paid”

Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Irondequoit
Franklin, United States
“Worth the price we paid”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were vary happy with this hotel with the deal we had under $100 per night, if we paid over $100 per night I might have a different opinion. The breakfast was vary good and the eating area and front desk looked like it had been remodeled which was vary welcoming and updated. The room was nothing special but good for under $100 per night. If we needed to stay in this area again and I could get the smae deal or better I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Thea F,

I am so glad that you were able to enjoy our On The House hot breakfast. We get quite a few positive comments about it and I will make sure to pass yours along to our morning attendant, I am sure she will be pleased! Next time you are in Rochester we would love for you to consider staying with us again. Your loyalty is extremely important to us, and we want you to know that we take your feedback very seriously. Thank you for taking the time to comment on Trip Advisor. Have a wonderful day!

Linda Gabbert
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed October 8, 2013

I had my bags stolen out of my room, and housekeeping left the room door open 3 times on the other persons room I was traveling with.
They never paid to replace any thing and their insurance company said it was MY CHOICE to leave things in the room I could have taken them with me or locked them in the safe every time I left the room. I have never found a room safe that will hold a suitcase.

It's now my choice to stay at a Holiday Inn or a Marriott.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chris G, Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear 3mike55,

My name is Chris Goyette, General Manager of the Hampton Inn Rochester/Irondequoit, I am terribly sorry to hear of your experience and wish for you to contact me here at our hotel.

I have not been made aware of any issues regarding a possible theft either through our staff, guests, or insurance company and I would be the one to file the paperwork and I am bewildered I have not recieved anything regarding this incident. Is there any possibility that this was filed to the wrong hotel, I am just trying to ensure the fastest resolution possible. Can you email me back at chris.goyette@hilton.com with your dates of stay so we can discuss the matter.

Again please accept my sincerest apologies and I will try to assist you in resolving this matter.

My Sincerest Regards,

Chris Goyette
White Plains, New York, United States
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this past weekend. It seems very new and is in good condition. The bed in this room in on the wall backing the bathroom wall and faces the outside window. The bed has a luggage bench at the foot. This is not the configuration that I have seen 99% of the time in similar hotels. Usually the bed backs the common wall with an adjoining room and there are no obstructions between the bed and the bathroom. When I got up in the night and walked back my side of the bed my foot slammed into the bench and I broke my toe.

Bring a night light or move the bench before you go to bed.

When I told the desk clerk the next morning that the configuration of the room caused a problem for me she looked at me as if to say, Yeah, right ehh? I did not feel that she was going to share my concern with anyone in management.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Linda G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Travelin_R0b76,

I am so sorry to hear that you had this negative experience while staying with us. We want everyones stay to be enjoyable and feel like a home away from home. I would like to invite you to call me here at the hotel so that I may formally apologize and discuss how we can make you more comfortable on your next trip to Rochester. I hope to hear from you soon, have a wonderful day.

Linda Gabbert
Director of Sales
585-339-3500
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Stayed for five nights on a work trip with two counterparts. We were welcomed warmly even at 1 am for check in, after driving six hours. Overall, what you expect from a Hampton Inn - good sheets, comfortable space near the highway. Besides the service, nothing was exceptional, but after putting in long days at work, a friendly smile and a clean bed to come back to was all I wanted.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Silicon Valley
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Not my favorite hotel, my biggest problem was the poor maintenance of the room. The knob on the shower was on backwards (I had to play with to get the temperature right), the refrigerator made a loud humming noise. Overall I just wasn't impressed with the hotel.

The lot next door had heavy equipment and looked as if a building had been recently torn down.

Room Tip: Factory defrost breakfast.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Clean, comfortable and good value. Hampton Inns seem to have nailed it. I stayed for 4 nights and the room was great. I particularly like the breakfast buffet which includes a hot breakfast choice as well as several other choices depending on your tastes.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo

Rochester, New York
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We have stayed here a number of times for the Women of Faith conference and we will go back.. From walking in the front door and until we leave we are treated very well.. This Hampton Inn leaves us feeling like we are wanted to stay there and all the staff we have dealt with are fantastic!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irondequoit
Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
The East Avenue Inn & Suites
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster

Been to Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit? Share your experiences!