“Good value ,great hotel, good pool and breakfast!”

Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Irondequoit
Oswego, New York
“Good value ,great hotel, good pool and breakfast!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Stayed one night for diner and a show with my wife. The room was well appointed and comfortable. The staff were excellent. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. The breakfast was satisfying and had a good selection of healthy foods. The pool was clean and warm. And when we used it we were the only guests there. We had a great stay at a great price.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Brunswick, New York
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This was one of the quietest hotels I've ever stayed in. Rooms were very clean. Refrigerators were clean and cold. Beds were comfortable. Breakfast was great! Will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Great beds, nice breakfast, staff very attentive, informative and polite, clean, fridge and microwave in every room, rooms were too hot had to keep adjusting temperature, ants in pool area. We stayed 3 nights for a hockey tournament. Staff had a table with lots of local information for us. Great price.

Room Tip: We requested and received an adjoining room.
Hopewell Junction, New York
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Great place to stay! Excellent value. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family. It was nicer than many more expensive hotels in which we have stayed. The rooms were spacious and very clean, and the hot breakfast was delicious.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Albany, New York
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Good location if you need to be at Northern end of the city. Countless options for dining and most other needs. All staff was friendly and professional.
Practically around the corner from my mother's hospital. I have to go to Rochester regularly to see family. This is the best hotel at best price and best location of all of my visits to the area.
It is not listed as a luxury hotel but with a pool, very clean and new room provisions and technology services, it has all the luxury I need and more than I can afford.
Complimentary breakfast not worth much but there are many family oriented restaurants nearby as well as fast food options. There is in fact a Bruegger's across the street.

Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am a Hilton Honors member and primarily stay at Hampton Inn properties during my travels. This is one of the nicest yet that I've seen anywhere. Very nice decor and rooms are excellent. Breakfast service is superior to most others in this chain. Location is fine if you need to be on north side of Rochester. Pasta Villa restaurant next door is excellent. In sum, I was very pleasantly surprised to find this good of Hampton Inn in this location.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Patrick B
Manassas, Virginia
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Worst Hampton Inn experience ever. At check-in I was interrogated about whether I was there on business or pleasure, and to show my id.(which I did) Then the check-in lady says "Oh I guess we can keep your rate" Then when the hotel was less than 30% occupied I was given a room that faced the collission center that is next to this hotel. There was a loudspeaker blaring trying locate a vehicle. (not what you want when you are flying across the country and just want to sleep) Why would I even be given this room in the first place with the hotel being less than 30% occupied. Do they really think people want to be on that side of the hotel? Then, be forewarned that if you get a king room they do not have a full bathtub...no where was that mentioned on the website. The general manager sent me an e-mail after I filled out the survey, asking "I don't know what could have been done better" I responded to her, but have not received a response in almost 2 weeks. Stay away from this hotel. Stay at the Doubletree in Henrietta, or if you need to stay in Irondequoit stay at the Holiday Inn.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
rocir, General Manager at Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear SoccerGuy985,

Thank you for your comments. It is important for us to know where we have missed the mark in order for us to improve. I do apologize again for your dissatisfaction in our hotel. Our guest's complete satisfaction is our number one priority. After the email that I had sent to you, I reversed the charges per our 100% guarantee. You should already see the adjustment to your account. We are reviewing our website information so that we may add our bath details to avoid other disappointed guests. Placing our guests on either side of our building has never been an issue before and after moving you within minutes of your check in, I can understand that moving at all could be frustrating. I did mention that at that time, I wasn't sure what could have been done differently, however, if there was something that you felt we could have done, to please let me know. I never saw the email you mentioned. I assure you, your experience is a rarity and we are working to adjust things to improve our service. Thank you again for your time and comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irondequoit
Holiday Inn Express Irondequoit
Hampton Inn Rochester-Greece
Radisson Hotel Rochester Riverside
Hampton Inn Rochester Webster
Hilton Garden Inn Rochester Downtown
The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa - a DoubleTree by Hilton

Been to Hampton Inn Rochester-Irondequoit? Share your experiences!