“Worth the Trip!”
Review of Lively Run Dairy

Lively Run Dairy
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Lively Run Goat Dairy is one of the longest operating commercial goat dairies in the country, beginning production in New York State in 1982 and pioneering goat cheese in the American marketplace. The entire Messmer family works to continue the mission of bringing to the Finger Lakes region healthy, sustainable and delicious goat cheese. Come visit the farm, get a tour, see our baby goats in the spring, eat some cheese cake, and most importantly - try our cheese!
Reviewed September 17, 2012

There's not too much around here, but it's definitely worth the trip! The farm itself is relatively small place, but the cheese is fantastic! They make a chevre, a feta, and then two different types of blues, which were my favorites.
I can't remember her name, but the woman who owns/works there is very very nice and happy to share her knowledge of . . . everything really. She talked to us about everything from the goat feed to what wines would go best with the different cheeses. My girlfriend and I did a tasting (for like $1 per person I think) and then did the tour. Unfortunately, the tour doesn't include the cheese room, but it does include a visit to the goats as well as the milking room.
For a farm, the place is really clean, and goats are cute and very friendly. The cheese is fantastic and it's tough to beat it's freshness and quality considering everything is done on site.

If you're a goat cheese fan, this place is a must see on your trip through the area