“Amazing! Excellent hosts, food, room-everything was perfect!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of A Stone's Throw Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Interlaken
A Stone's Throw Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Interlaken B&B and Inns
Syracuse, New York
“Amazing! Excellent hosts, food, room-everything was perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

We spent our 2 year anniversary around Cayuga Lake. All of the bed and breakfasts recommended by the wine trail were booked. An internet search led me to A Stone's Throw and I am so glad it did. Upon arriving, homemade Biscotti and coffee were available. There was even gluten free Biscotti for another guest on a special diet. The house was beautiful. Our room, "La Buon' Amore" was perfect. Spotless, beautiful decor, and a comfortable bed. I cannot say enough about the heated whirlpool tub with plenty of room for 2! Breakfast both mornings was spectacular. We both opted for the daily "special" breakfast though we could have chosen from a list of other options the night before. The entree the first morning was a delicious vegetable frittata, fresh fruit, toast, and roasted potatoes. There were a couple courses leading up to this including scones, a yogurt parfait, and grapefruit sorbet palate cleanser. The second morning our entree was stuffed french toast with fresh fruit. A blueberry crumble, banana bread, and sorbet were served first. Organic juice and fresh coffee were available and plentiful. Some natural toiletries were available in the room. Gina and Tony really do an excellent job making you feel welcome and like old friends. They had great insight into local restaurants and experiences! I can't wait to go back again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Raleigh, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I've had generally mediocre experiences with B&Bs, and my last B&B experience in the Finger Lakes area was a nightmare that continued well after the trip. But when my brother set up his wedding in the area, there weren't many traditional hotel options, so I gave A Stone's Throw a chance.

Let me say that I have absolutely no regrets about this stay, from my warm welcome, to the heart-felt goodbye, my weekend here was wonderful.

Highlights:
1. Friendly hosts put me instantly at ease
2. I was traveling alone so I reserved the smallest room, but it was plenty big. The bed was marvelously comfortable, two of the best night's sleep I've ever had. I think there was some sort of down topper on the mattress - whatever it was, it was great!
3. The breakfasts - I just can't give them enough praise. I've traveled the world and eaten at some of the finest restaurants anywhere, and Tony's breakfasts stack up with the best of them. The perfect blend of fancy and comfort food, I was so fortunate that I didn't skip them like I often do at B&Bs. Wow!

Complaints:
1. I really don't have any, the only unfortunate part of the visit is that they were fighting a bee problem during my stay and the one breakfast I ate on the porch had a lot of uninvited guests. Not really a complaint with the hosts or the B&B, but if you are very allergic to bees, you might ask them if your trip coincides with bee season. I wasn't stung, just annoyed, but if you are deathly allergic I imagine you might not want to be there at a time like that (this was August).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Olympia, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013

Tony and Gina really make you feel at home. They serve up the most amazing meals -- with a great sense of nourishment and healthy appetite. These folks really know how to create a B&B -- it's beautiful, but relaxed and inviting. They go out of their way to meet your needs and teach you about the area. We've been there more than once -- and we'll keep going there. It's addictive (in a good way); you just want to make sure each visit is not your last. I highly recommend A Stone's Throw to all my friends who might be traveling in upstate NY.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed at A Stone's Throw B&B in October for 1 night on our way down to Pennsyvania. Gina greeted us at the door with her welcoming personality. We had a beautiful cozy room (bed was a little softer than we are used to), and superb breakfast prepared by both Tony and Gina. It is obvious they love to make your experience memorable and relaxing. Good knowledge of the area and recommendations of wineries, etc. Highly recommend this B&B - we'll be going back some day!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Point Pleasant Beach, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was my first time at A Stone's Throw B & B and it certainly won't be my last. The house is gorgeous and the decor is beautiful, yet cozy. Gina and Tony are great hosts and prepared an amazing breakfast each morning. You feel right at home with how welcoming they are. It's also conveniently located to Cayuga and Seneca wine trails, which I recommend visiting. All-in-all I had such a wonderful time at A Stone's Throw B & B and can not wait to go back. It was the most comfortable, relaxing, romantic and fun getaway I've ever had. I would recommend this to anyone!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

I found "A stones throw" on a google search, my husband and I had never been to the wine trail and wanted to spend a weekend there for our anniversary, after days and days of searching looking for the perfect place to stay, I finally called Gina at "a stones throw" she was so helpful and informative in telling me what was close by and what to expect, so we decided to book our stay with them! Upon arrival we were greater with a warm hello and she showed us to our room, which was IMACULATELY clean, I mean clean!!! To be able to walk across a hard wood floor in white socks and our socks were still white! We stayed in "good love" the boudoir dressing area was a lot of fun, the antique, rustic feel was perfect for the area! She had home made biscotti next to the coffee station, that was to die for! She gave is a binder of local restaurants for us to look through and was very helpful! The breakfast was served "fine dining style" with a pallet cleanser and all! And freshly prepared in the kitchen as we slept! I can not say enough good things about this place!! Thank you for making our anniversary so memorable and pleasant!!!
"The Sheffields"

• Stayed November 2013
1 Thank JASheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

This was our first trip to a B&B and like many others who stopped at A Stone's Throw, we have to say it was wonderful. The rooms are just as beautiful as the pictures show, and Gina and Tony make you feel like you are part of their family. We highly recommend this to anyone looking to relax in a comfortable and laid back atmosphere!

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Delia S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Interlaken
The Fox and the Grapes Bed and Breakfast
Steamboat Castle Bed & Breakfast
Cayuga Lake Front Inn
Cayuga Lake Front Inn
#8 of 17 in Ithaca

Been to A Stone's Throw Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!