“Awesome staff!! Awesome service!! Beautiful vineyard”

Americana Vineyards
More attraction details
Owner description: A cozy Winery in the Finger Lakes region serving award winning wines in a beautiful 1820 swing beam barn since 1981. Stop by for nice people, tasty food, and great wines.
Anchorage
“Awesome staff!! Awesome service!! Beautiful vineyard”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

As a semi-discerning wine drinker I was sampling the wine region of my alma mater (Ithaca, NY) and I was extremely impressed with Americana Vineyard. The wine is quite nice for the price you get. The staff is absolutely incredible. They make you feel at home from the moment you step into the cozy and beautiful tasting room. Travis, one of the tasting room associates, is one of the most knowledgeable and attentive employees. Made me walk out with way more bottles than I was intending!!! There was no pretense with Americana, just sampling good wine in the atmosphere of friends around the kitchen table.

I tried many different vineyards and this one really sticks out in my mind. Americana is top notch and every one should check this place out!!!

Visited November 2013

Endicott, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Avoid this winery at all costs”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

Three women friends and I hit the road on Saturday to visit the highly touted Cayuga wine trail. It was our misfortune to start our tour at Americana Vineyards. It was very busy due to a tour bus having recently arrived just before us. Once inside, we could see the tasting tables were packed with people and we accepted the fact that we would have to wait. We did a little shopping and looked around the property and when an area of one table opened up, we stepped forward to begin our tasting. The girl behind the counter was rude and told us that we "weren't a group of five" and she pointed to a group of five other women and said "they are a group of five". When we said that we had been waiting, too, she threw her hands in the air and said, "I'm just walking away, I'm not getting involved in this" and she did just that, leaving us standing there wondering what was magical about the number five. Before she walked away, we tried asking her what the "system" was for getting served - did we need to get in line somewhere or buy tickets, etc. - but she never answered us. It appeared that if you are not on a bus tour, you are treated as a second class citizen. Shortly after this incident, a male employee who saw our confused looks told us we could go upstairs to another tasting area there. This table was small and was full with eight people tasting wine. Although they tried to make room for us, we politely offered to wait (again) and the female employee behind the table would not even speak to us. After waiting for another 15 minutes, we could see that it was not going to move along and we asked the employee if we could just have a sample while we were waiting. The employee looked at us and said NOTHING. It was as if we were completely invisible and she was stone deaf. After over a half hour, we finally left without ever tasting a drop of their wine. No big loss, I guess. The employees are incredibly rude. Nobody will offer even the slightest information about how to go about getting served. It was as if we didn't exist. Once in the car, we all agreed that we had never been made to feel so uncomfortable and unwelcome at a winery. Moral of the story: Avoid Americana Vineyards at all costs. Drive up the road where you will be welcomed with open arms at Sheldrake and Thirsty Owl. Both were WONDERFUL experiences. There is no customer service at Americana. Note to staff: Get your act together because you have a lot of competition blowing you away in that department.

Visited October 2013
3 Thank cowgirlinthesand333
Joseph G, Owner at Americana Vineyards, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am Joe Gober, the owner of the winery, and the gentleman who directed you to the upstairs tasting bar Saturday. I wanted to personally address this issue. I am very sorry that you and your friends had such a bad experience. It is truly our mission to make every guest feel welcome, and we are so sorry we couldn’t deliver on that promise. I want you to know that we had a manager’s meeting this morning to address this situation, and are working diligently to schedule more staff during the busy season, this will insure individual team members don’t feel overwhelmed. I really do have a good team here. I want to offer them all the support they need, so, in turn, they can make everyone’s experience here the best it can be. I completely understand why you don't want to come back, although I would love the opportunity to make this right for you. However, know that we are taking very definitive steps here at the winery to ensure this doesn’t happen to other guests. Thank you for pointing this out, and know it’s being corrected because of you.
New York City, New York
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Wine women and song”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Americana not only has delicious wines but their outdoor space had live music. The Bistro serves food and the burgers looked fantastic.

Visited September 2013
Delhi, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Worth the 2-1/2 Hour Drive!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We love Americana for their wines (especially Baco....my new favorite and Apparition, which I will be coming back for....I love it!) We always feel so welcome, we especially love Max and Rubie greeting us. The café has become our absolute favorite restaurant....we'd give it a 4-star rating. We have enjoyed some incredibly inventive meals....we've come for Sunday Brunch a few times and we are always blown away by the creativity and the quality of the food, not to mention the portion size. They have some fabulous skillet breakfasts, and they always start you out with some homemade scones, or biscuits....plus homemade jam. We've also had lunch a few times and again, the menu is quite ingenious, they use local ingredients; yet manage to use their imagination and create some wonderful dishes. I especially loved a North African-influenced soup...with butternut squash, tomato, cilantro.....lime, I think? Out of this world. My husband was at a loss as what to order the last time, so many great things...he ended up with a hamburger....it was served with HOMEMADE KETCHUP! WHO does this?? OK, I need to stop. LOL There, you have it. I LOVE this place!!!!!

Visited May 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Eat here...it is really great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

My wife and I stopped here on our winery drive between the lakes. We sampled some (eight in a tasting!) good wines a bought a few bottles. And we mentioned that we needed some lunch and were told that the cafe had "the best food". We weren't prepared for just how good it was. I had the Cuban Sandwich. It was easily the best I've ever had. My wife had the veggie quesadilla and salad. The veggies were so fresh...she didn't add the delicious, fresh salsa. She enjoyed it straight up! The view is so pleasant, and the service was friendly. This was the best meal we had on the lakes. I can't wait to return!

Visited August 2013