“Never disappointed”

Crystal Lake Cafe at Americana
Ranked #2 of 8 Restaurants in Interlaken
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The Crystal Lake Cafe at Americana Vineyards represents our continuous effort to give customers a unique Finger Lakes Experience. As a proud member of the Finger Lakes Culinary Bounty, we work everyday to create dishes made with fresh local products such as meats, cheeses, produce - even hand-crafted ice cream.Interesting, full-flavored American fare is our hallmark, from homemade salsa and sauces to soups and bread; house roasted turkey to hand packed burgers; cheese cake with Baco Noir ganache to Sweet Rosie Brownies.Established in 2007 Celebrating its 5th anniversary on May 7th of 2012, the Crystal Lake Cafe began in 2007 as a 50's-style roadside diner. Over its 5 years of existence, the cafe has become an outlet for local foods and a fun atmosphere. With the recent inclusion of Friday and Sunday concerts throughout the year, the Crystal Lake cafe has become a hotspot destination for locals and tourists alike.
Canandaigua, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never disappointed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

When ever in the area we never miss the opportunity to dine at the Cafe. The squash soup and fish sandwich with the freshly made fries were outstanding. The customer service at both the cafe and winery are 5 star. With the focus on local cuisine it truly is a Finger Lakes experience!

1 Thank Colleen A

Whitney Point, New York
“Favorite Place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

Just returned from another visit - although more than 40 miles from where I live, I make the journey very frequently: Beautiful place, fabulous really well priced food, friendly people - and then there is the wonderful restored barn where wine tastings are held and wine sold.

Today, had the mussels in Dry Riesling, citric sauce. Can' get myself to try other appetizing items as I so love this dish. And, to top it off, Blueberry-Sapphire Almond Tart with vanilla ice cream.

Rochester NY
“food so so”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

We had heard good reviews from friends and were closeby and decided to try it. I had the open faced steak sandwich as I saw it served to another guest and it looked great. It may have just been my steak but it was grisly, thin and very medium. I had requested medium rare. The salad was said to be local mixed greens and was green leaf lettuce only. The two other people with me had the 1/2 chicken. They said that it was moist and good but both of them had garlic mashed potatos and they weren't even a little warm. They also had carmelized cooked greens. My sister-in-law is not a cooked greens person so I had hers. While they were not bad, it was kale only and I had expected a little bit of variety as the waitress had suggested that it was.
They did warm up the potatos at our request . Overall, it was a disappointing meal. We will probably give it another try at some point but I don't even make a salad with only green leaf lettuce and nothing else at home so maybe we'll try their burgers.

• Visited October 2012
Joseph G, Owner at Crystal Lake Cafe at Americana, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thanks for your feedback, We appreciate hearing from our customers! We're very sorry that you had a less-than-stellar experience, we always strive to give the best food and service to each of our customers. We hope that this incident was isolated, and would encourage you to try our cafe's from-scratch food again.
Williamsport
“Great food great wine”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

This was my second time eating here. Very good. Atmosphere is kinda plain but the food and wine makes up for it.

Rochester, New York, United States
“A great little cafe”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

What a charming find! We had no idea where we were going to eat our first night in the Finger lakes, Crystal Lake was recommended to us by Jack, our host at the Black Walnut B&B. AJ had the seared salmon with tremendous sauce on it. I had the open faced steak sandwich. This was the first time I've ever been asked how I want my steak done on a steak sandwich. I could see why when I was served - it was a real steak, not shaved steaks like I expected. It was topped with caramelized onions, mushrooms and Gorgonzola cheese - oh wow! There was live music that night in the room on the winery side (we missed it, we were in the main room) and of course the wines there were fantastic. We'll stop in again for sure!

Visited October 2012