“Best Patty Melt ever!”

Ranked #13 of 17 Restaurants in Inlet
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We were leaving Inlet the day after Columbus day, and most Inlet shops and restaurants had already closed for the break until winter season begins. So we were thrilled to find Drake's open for lunch- and we had the two best Patty Melt's ever. Yummmm

1  Thank Kupiedoll

Reviewed September 23, 2012

A long standing traditon in Fulton Chain, home made desert were a great personal touch. Service was great

1  Thank Stan K
Reviewed September 19, 2012

very popular place and it was very good food, but also very crowded, we waited more than 20 min to be seated and then another 20 to be waited on. tables are so close together that you had to walk sideways to navigate, and it was very hot inside. Though good, the food was not enough to keep us from wishing we went somewhere else. It was in the middle of the summer right around the 5 oclock hour and I did not make reservations. I might go back not during busy times, should be more enjoyable.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Although service can be somewhat slow, the food is worth the wait. Occasionally, the overworked wait staff can be surly, but they're working their butts off.

1  Thank MargieandBruce
Reviewed August 7, 2012

I've been visiting Drake's Inn since the mid 1980's and I stop there every time I come to Inlet.

This time my wife and I were camping at nearbyLimekiln Lake and we had breakfast there three consecutive mornings and dinner on Sunday evening.

Drake's is not a New York City Steak house and it's not McDonald's.

Drake's is a homey restaurant in the Adirondacks with decent quality, price and service and for me has become an expected part of my trip to the North Country.

The only drawback I can think of this time is our breakfast server's attitude toward tipping.

When people were paying she would always say "do you want change?"

Yes, I want change [and I'll tip according to the service I get thank you.]

"Do you want change?" That just sounds too much like what you get in a seedy bar in Bangkok or outside Camp Lejeune to me.

Note to server: be respectful, do good work, treat people well and don't schill for tips. It demeans both of us.

Anyway, I always hit Drake's when I'm up north and I can't wait to go back next time.

Been to Drake's Inn? Share your experiences!