“Good food...lackluster service.”
Review of Hard Times Cafe - CLOSED

Hard Times Cafe
Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

The breakfast was pretty good, nothing spectacular...just a good, quick breakfast. Only one waitress working, so she was in a less than pleasant mood.

1  Thank joeyFatone

Reviewed July 25, 2012

My husband and I stopped here for lunch and had a wonderful meal. I had a cheese burger and fries. The burger was cooked perfectly and the fries were delicious. My husband had the tuna melt and it was delightful. The restaurant was clean and the wait staff was very busy, a tentative and friendly.

1  Thank kateerin
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Great place for locals and visitors! This truly made our Adirondack experience!

1  Thank Melissa K
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My sister and I stopped here for lunch on our way to a weekend of geocaching events in Long Lake. We definitely felt that it is a winner! We both selected the soup and (whole) sandwich special--we had a choice of 3 diffrent types of sandwiches and 5 !!! interesting kinds of homemade soups for only $4.95. Sis pronounced her tuna sandwich (not too much mayo) and bean soup yummy. I also enjoyed my grilled cheese sandwich and New England seafood chowder.

We enjoyed the casual but clean ambience--loved the kiddie drawings!--and the good service. (nice ladies room too!). In fact we liked the place well enough to stop for lunch on the way home on Sunday. Service was a little slower that day. Sis went again for (different) soup and sandwich but I tried the chili cheese burrito--again we weren't disappointed. We'll be back!

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Food is great here but some of the wait staff is not very friendly. Wait time for your food is way too long, I have talked to the owner about this and she told me there is nothing she can do.