“Don't go here with a crowd”
Review of The Woods Inn

The Woods Inn
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Inlet
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Historic Lakeside Dinning Location, enjoy dinner and then watch the sunset from our wrap around porch. During the summer months you can enjoy lunch out on the dock. A hot buffet breakfast can be found inside the Inn most weekends and seven days a week during the summer.
“Don't go here with a crowd”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a lovely site with a well-executed menu. However, it took an hour and a half for our party of fifteen to receive their food, and when we did get it several of the orders had been bungled. Don't go here if you have any special food needs-- the diabetic in our party (who also has a serious food allergy) was unapologetically served a meal that could have hospitalized her. The mistake was corrected, but not without an argument, and it left the guest sitting for another fifteen minutes while everyone else ate. The food was enjoyable and the site is lovely; however a wait of of one and a half hours without an apology or explanation is unconscionable. It was a very disappointing night for our family.

2 Thank EPfoodmaven
Adkinnkeeper, Owner at The Woods Inn, responded to this review, August 22, 2012
I was here the nite this party was in our restaurant. They ordered drinks , wine , appetizers and salads. The entres did arrive 1hour and 22 mins. after they were seated. They had been eating and drinking while they were waiting. That is not unusual in any fine dining establishment when you are with a large group. We handle guests with special dietary needs every day. The guest in this party discussed several menu options with me , the maitre de, she did not order from me and she did not discuss changing the item with the server. I have severe food allergies myself and take these things very seriously. When her food arrived it was obvious the item had the sauce she did not want. She never touched it,a new one was brought to her in 6 mins. and she seemed very happy. All of our orders are put thru to the kitchen by computer so I have accurate times on everything. The guest in the review also forgot to mention that we took the most exspensive bottle of wine off of his bill because of his irritation. We feel this party had very good service , dining with 15 people is never going to be fast.

Rochester, NY
“A pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

We loved this place. Stumbled on it by accident on a late Saturday night. Great food. Excellent service.

1 Thank tpmedia
Syracuse, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Place in Inlet”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

I love The Woods Inn. It is breathtaking inside and outside (I'd love to move in!). The food is delicious and my family and I have tried quite a few items on the menu. Tried the tavern menu last month and that was great too. It's like stepping back to a peaceful place in time. I wish I could get married there, but I already did that somewhere else!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank VST462
Syracuse, New York
“"A step back in time"”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

According to the brochure, the Woods Inn was established in 1894. I am pleased to say, the ambience of that period still exists. There is dining upstairs in a large diningroom, an enclosed porch, and tables available outside, all facing the lakefront. There is a charming tavern on the main floor where you can purchase a cocktail and stroll down the lawn and sit on a bench at the water's edge. There is a casual tavern menu and the food is very good. They often have live music and there is a pool table in an adjoining room. The dining upstairs is more upscale but very fairly priced. The food is very good and the service is friendly and efficient. I highly recommend this Adirondack jewel.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank henrietta s
Vienna, Virginia
“Pretty view by the lake”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This restaurant is in the heart of Inlet right next to the lake. Our party of five wanted to sit on the enclosed porch to enjoy the beautiful lake view. However, we were nicely told that the empty tables of four and two could not be moved together because by fire code they were not allowed to move the tables. If we wanted to sit together on the porch, we would have to sit at separate tables. So we had to sit at the large round table inside. The waitress was very nice. Our food was quite good. I got the lamb shank which good. My husband got the prime rib which he liked. I had a taste of it and thought it was dense and not very flavorful. My husband had the chocolate peanut butter dessert which was excellent. It is a lovely setting by the water in a historic, renovated hotel.

• Visited July 2012