“If you want any service at all don't even bother as you get none Bizarre place”

Screamen Eagle & Matt's Draft House
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Inlet
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Lacona, New York
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stopped after reading some good reviews awhile back while on a recent trip to the area. Hard to find parking first off. Outdoor deck was full so we went inside. Their are like 3 different doors and then a video store in the middle. Very Bizare layout. Anyhow kept standing in line only to find out after few minutes that was the line to the womens bathroom not the restaurant. So we stepped up the stairs to wait and wait. No hostess? no signage? no directions? so we ventured to middle section and that was pickup and order pickup? again no one even acknowledged us or anything. So we ventured to the back door. It appeared it might be a waiting area to be seated. No one came by and when they did were on a dead beat run. We tried to get to the bar to ask the bartender. Finally we decided if it was that difficult to get a seat or talk to anyone the wait would be ridiculous for food. Food looked pretty good from all of the tables we walked by. On the way out I tried to ask a waitress how we got seated or if they took reservations and she was so busy and spoke broken English she told us to go near bar? which we had been at for over 10 minutes with no luck. So in my book will never stop there again even if they have 50 draft beers. I like some service not any service. Wow.. no idea how a place can run or even be in business like that. So I would not recommend this place to anyone.. No way to Run a business. Very unprofessional.

Frederick, Maryland
“Bizarre Dining Experience”
Reviewed August 19, 2013

On a recent trip to the Adirondacks, my dad found himself craving pizza (a big mistake, as we've had better luck finding NY style pizza in Western Maryland than in the Adirondacks). Someone suggested the Screamen Eagle, and we were pleased with the outdoor seating. This was the first and last time we were pleased with any part of the meal. Out of all the Adirondack pizzas I've had, this was possibly the least impressive and most overpriced (I've had better pizza at an amusement park). What really made it a lousy experience though was the non-existent service. There was no hostess or sign to provide seating instructions. We stood beside an uninspired (and, quite frankly, unappetizing) salad bar for five minutes before we decided to just seat ourselves. Then, we sat at our table for at least 15 minutes before my mom decided to once again take matters into her own hands and went to the bar to place a drink order, which it turns out is also where you have to place your food order. It is here that you have to pay for your meal upfront and carry all of your drinks to the table yourself. A waitress then brought the nothing-to-write-home-about pizza to our table, but that is all she brought. She didn't bother explaining that you have to go inside to carry out your own plates, utensils, and napkins. We were perplexed until we saw other customers walk inside to retrieve their dinnerware. What's the point of going out to eat when you have to do most of the work yourself? We could have just as easily stayed in and made a tastier and less expensive meal ourselves.

2 Thank SMJ2313
Virginia Beach VA
“About as expected”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

First time at the Screamen Eagle, many times in Inlet in the past. Hey, I knew I wasn't in New York City and having been to this area of the Adirondacks for 50 year or more, I got just about what I expected. Nothing fancy here and with this being the adirondacks and all, I probably wouldn't have liked it if it was all fancy. Don't expect to be amazed by the food because it is just regular type food without a big selection. Prepare to be amazed by the huge numbers of beers they offer with over 50 on tap. I wasn't able to sample all of them of course which probably could encourage a repeat visit at some point.

Order your food and beverage at the bar. Grab your beverage and they bring the food to your table. I'd say we waited around 10-15 minutes for a cold sub but delivered by nice servers. This is all relaxed type of place so if you have hyperactive disorder this might not be your place. I loved it and it was cheap so if you need more than that, then have at it.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent Adirondack Pizza”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Loved our experience. Casual, good tasting pizza, lots to choose from, and for the Adirondacks, this was good pizza.

Buffalo, New York
“Great spot, good food”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stopped into the Screamin Eagle for lunch. Pizza and wings were very good for the area. Nice view of the channel to 5th lake and a great selaction of beers on draft. This is a great place to stop for some good pizza and wings and to have a drink. Been going up to the Old Forge/Inlet area for 39 years. Can't beat it. My kids love it there and look forward to eating lunch or a dinner there at least one of the days we are in town.