“Food is Great, Service is Professional, but Manager lacking skills!”
Review of Red Dog Tavern

Red Dog Tavern
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Inlet
Cuisines: American
Daytona Beach
“Food is Great, Service is Professional, but Manager lacking skills!”
Reviewed July 9, 2010

Visited twice this week with excelent food and service both times,. However the second night our youngest sons chicken fingers were not served with our own meals but 10 min. after, which leads me to believe that the kitchen failed to drop the order with the rest of the meal, an honest mistake. My wife and I pride ourselves on teaching our children proper manners so after our meals were served the server said she would be right back with our sons meal, the clock starts ticking, being that none of us can begin eating until he has recieved his meal. My wife asked to speak to the manager who proceded to explain that they do not have heat lamps to keep food in the kitchen while the rest of the meal is being prepared and that the restaurant was full. She did not offer an appology or anything else for that matter (a simple appology and an explanation of what caused the delay of his meal would of made us happy). The server appologized and continued to offer us very good service which we appreciate. The manager eventually gave my wife an uncincere appology prior to our departure. Great food and service but the manager needs work!

Buffalo,NY
“Kirsty's Red Dog Tavern -New Name, Still Great”
Reviewed November 8, 2009

Kirsty sold the Tavern, so now it's just the Red Dog, but still very good. We summer in the area and make a point of stopping by, especially on Friday night when they serve great fish fries and broiled fish. The salads are huge, the garlic bread is delicious, and the wings rate this Buffalonian's approval. I'm shocked at the bad review I read, since we have never, ever had a bad meal in this place, the beer is always cold, and it's a challenge to find a parking space on the weekends. (But worth walking from a space on the road.) The decor is funky Adironodack and the ambience is casual. Families are welcome.

syracuse
“Perfect Adirondack Roadhouse”
Reviewed August 17, 2009

The Friday night rib special is outstanding. Meat falls off the bone, done to perfection. Now, as for the wings ... we're talking SERIOUS heat, folks. Yes, they have milder versions, but the upper end of their thermal index is just off the charts. Be afraid. Be very afraid. That aside, Red Dog is a local favorite. The atmosphere isn't much, but no one goes there for the atmosphere. Only two or three beers on tap. Limited parking outside, and there are some fairly steep steps to climb. Service is OK, nothing special. Dinner time crowd is very well behaved. Might get a little rowdy as the night goes on. Good place to bring the kids ... at dinner time.

Inlet, NY
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun local hangout”
Reviewed May 15, 2009

The Red Dog is a fun place to spend an evening. Food is a good value for the money, if not award winning - stick to the basics and you'll have a great evening. Friday Fish Fry is a local tradition!

Modena
“Stay Away. The epitome of a Choke and Puke in Inlet, New York.”
Reviewed November 3, 2008

A buddy recommended this place to me and several friends. Needless to say he must have been drinking heavily when he ate here.
I rate most places where I go, on my personal scale of one to ten (1 - 10). I will generally go back to any place that is a six (6) or above.
This place did not make my scale in the food department, their drinks were a three (3) and the wait staff did not make the scale. They were just down right inept.
How can you mess up Chili? I had chili in a bread bowl $8.95. I have never had chili that was just down right nasty it didn't have any taste. The mystery meat that was in it was cooked to death. I had no idea what it was. The beans were under cooked and were tastless. I think they may have used a chemical hot sauce with an extra hot burn and no flavor. The bread bowl was like Wonder bread, a soggy mush.
Oh, I almost forgot the beer, a national brand was not cold. How can you not have cold beer in a Tavern?

Never again........