“You won't leave hungry!”
Review of Red Dog Tavern

Red Dog Tavern
Ranked #4 of 17 Restaurants in Inlet
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 2, 2014

Four of us stopped in for dinner one night. We were greeted by the owner who was very friendly, asked if we'd been before and where we were from (the answer being Rochester, Buffalo and Baltimore). We all had a great meal (burger, BBQ sandwiches and a quesadilla). Those of us getting fries all upgraded to the cajun fries; which were yummy. The quesadilla was absolutely huge and my sister could only finish half of it. I wanted to order a pasta dish, but I saw the portions at other tables, and knew there was no way I could eat more than half of the pasta. We were heading home the next day, and I didn't want to deal with leftovers, so I got a burger instead. I highly recommend a stop here for hungry diners. Prices were very reasonable too!

Reviewed September 1, 2014

Took the family here following a recommendation from one the locals during our stay in Inlet this summer. We were in the mood for some wings on a rainy afternoon after taking in a movie in old forge. My son enjoys spicy wings and the red dog promised some heat. Our host warned us that the Armageddon wings are usually too spicy for most so we opted for a batch of the sweet revenge and the spicy garlic wings instead. We enjoyed both very much, however, we could have gone up at least another level of heat. My son ended up taking home a bottle of their Armageddon sauce. Next time we are trying the nuclear level. Aside from the wings we also split a few entrees for dinner. My wife and daughter enjoyed the quesadillas any my sons loved their burger and steak. We'll definitely visit again during our next stay in Inlet.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

The food was decent but I was surprised at the uncleanliness of the bathrooms. We went there many years ago under a different owner but it has slipped since then. They need to pay attention to the overall cleanliness of the place.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Four of us went up to Old Forge for the day. Had been expecting to have a great meal. We decided to have appetizers. We ordered two different types of wings (the mild garlic, and the next level up), nacho's, and the pot stickers, and drank lots of beer. The wings were way to spicy and hot (thinking they put the wrong sauce on them). When we expressed our dissatisfaction to the bartender her remark was "well the menu says they are hot". We obviously can read and didn't want the hottest they had, which I'm sure are the ones we got. We once again expressed our dissatisfaction, and got the same lame answer. Three out of the four of us have been and still are in the service industry. The correct response would of been "I'm sorry you don't like them, what can I get you to replace them"? Her snippy attitude was totally not what it should of been, and the tip we left reflected it. Not being a 21ish year old cute bartender, she definitely should depend on tips for service and attitude. Thinking she's in the wrong line of work and should look into a different career path. We will NEVER go back and will share our terrible experience with many others. Even with the place being up for sale, her attitude was dead wrong.

3  Thank Kathy N
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Excellent food and a popular place. Generous portions very reasonably priced. A bit noisy otherwise 5 stars.

Been to Red Dog Tavern? Share your experiences!