“Great place for wings”

Red Dog Tavern
Ranked #5 of 17 Restaurants in Inlet
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 1, 2014

Took the family here following a recommendation from one the locals during our stay in Inlet this summer. We were in the mood for some wings on a rainy afternoon after taking in a movie in old forge. My son enjoys spicy wings and the red dog promised some heat. Our host warned us that the Armageddon wings are usually too spicy for most so we opted for a batch of the sweet revenge and the spicy garlic wings instead. We enjoyed both very much, however, we could have gone up at least another level of heat. My son ended up taking home a bottle of their Armageddon sauce. Next time we are trying the nuclear level. Aside from the wings we also split a few entrees for dinner. My wife and daughter enjoyed the quesadillas any my sons loved their burger and steak. We'll definitely visit again during our next stay in Inlet.

Reviewed August 28, 2014

The food was decent but I was surprised at the uncleanliness of the bathrooms. We went there many years ago under a different owner but it has slipped since then. They need to pay attention to the overall cleanliness of the place.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Four of us went up to Old Forge for the day. Had been expecting to have a great meal. We decided to have appetizers. We ordered two different types of wings (the mild garlic, and the next level up), nacho's, and the pot stickers, and drank lots of beer. The wings were way to spicy and hot (thinking they put the wrong sauce on them). When we expressed our dissatisfaction to the bartender her remark was "well the menu says they are hot". We obviously can read and didn't want the hottest they had, which I'm sure are the ones we got. We once again expressed our dissatisfaction, and got the same lame answer. Three out of the four of us have been and still are in the service industry. The correct response would of been "I'm sorry you don't like them, what can I get you to replace them"? Her snippy attitude was totally not what it should of been, and the tip we left reflected it. Not being a 21ish year old cute bartender, she definitely should depend on tips for service and attitude. Thinking she's in the wrong line of work and should look into a different career path. We will NEVER go back and will share our terrible experience with many others. Even with the place being up for sale, her attitude was dead wrong.

3  Thank Kathy N
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Excellent food and a popular place. Generous portions very reasonably priced. A bit noisy otherwise 5 stars.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

Every time my wife and I go to the Adirondacks, we always wants to try something new. This time it was the Red Dog Tavern. Over all we enjoyed out time here, but there are a few things worth pointing out for others.

Don't expect a quiet dinner as the acoustics prevent that. It was a bit loud in the dining room, but it wasn't deafening. I actually enjoyed this aspect of the place, but I know some other travels will not.

When first looking at the menu, we thought things seemed a little pricey, but when our meals come out, it was totally worth it. When we left we were full of good food and drink.

1  Thank Lucas F

Been to Red Dog Tavern? Share your experiences!