Nelson's Cottages
$109
Travelocity
The Woods Inn(Inlet)(Great Value!)
$88
Great Pines(Old Forge)(Great Value!)
$105
$89
Travelocity
No availability for your dates from our partners
Forge Motel(Old Forge)
  • Breakfast included
Christy's Motel(Old Forge)
All reviewsbend over backwardsboat launchfourth lakejuliemountainssummercamptoastermattress
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My family has stayed at Nelson's since before i was born in the late '70's! We return every year with a growing family to enjoy the beautiful surroundings of Inlet. The cottages are small and quaint, but offer everything you should need for a trip to the mountains...No TV's here folks (a nice escape if you ask me!) The staff and owners are friendly and helpful with any questions about the area. I hope nightly fires by the lake and swimming in the lake become fond memories for my daughter as they have become for me. Stay, relax and enjoy.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mtc1979
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Forth Lake is beautiful and this is the place to stay. Our room was very clean and Ken and Linda are really nice people. They have kayaks at no charge. My husband and I took our first kayak trip, it was great. Walking distance to Inlet center, and close to other fun things to do. The sunsets are incredible, and they have a fire on the beach at night. We will definitly go back again. The McEligot's.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank McEligots
Reviewed July 10, 2011

Nelson's Cottages have been our second home every summer for over 20 years! My parents brought our family here when I was little and now my wife and I get to share this wonderful experience with our own children. Our six children talk about going to Nelsons for 51 straight weeks! The cottages are cozy, clean, and well maintained. Ken and Linda are two of the nicest hosts we have ever met.

A short walk to Inlet and a short drive to a multitude of Adirondack destinations including the Museum of the Adirondacks and Old Forge, Nelson’s is the ideal Adirondack vacation spot. Enjoy a beautiful sunset while relaxing on the dock or take a refreshing dip in the mountain lake. Nelson’s Cottages have kayaks that visitors can borrow at no additional cost and dock space if you have your own boat.

A stones throw away from some of the best mountain hiking spots in the Adirondacks including Bald Mountain, Blue Mountain, Bear Mountain and our personal favorite – Rocky Mountain. We treasure the view from Rocky Mountain so much that my wife and I chose the top to exchange our wedding vows!

The only problem with Nelson’s Cottages is that fact that eventually we have to leave…

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Puccios
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Stayed 3 nights midweek and couldn't have asked for more: the cottage was sparkling clean and actually much bigger than similar ones I've stayed in at other locales, the mattress even better than mine back home, easy internet access right inside cottage, and the Nelson's are the nicest people you will ever rent from. Very warm, friendly, and accommodating, but completely respect space and privacy, too. Gorgeous spot on 4th Lake w/ very pleasant beach front. Kayaks available -- had a leisurely evening ride that capped a perfect visit! Spend 3 days hiking and birding in such a beautiful area. Great new art center in Old Forge, too. Can't wait to go back, and would definitely stay at Nelson's!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank sparrow50
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My family has been going up to Inlet for many generations & staying at the Nelsons. I get such a great feeling come "camp time" every year, not only because they are like family but because each and every year I am guarenteed a clean, comfy cabin with breath taking sunsets, clean beach and some relaxation. Even though I have moved around, I know I will always have Nelsons to go to each & every year, my home away from home :)

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family