“Home away from Home”
Review of Nelson's Cottages

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Inlet
Nelson's Cottages
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Inlet
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Home away from Home”
Reviewed June 13, 2011

My family has been going up to Inlet for many generations & staying at the Nelsons. I get such a great feeling come "camp time" every year, not only because they are like family but because each and every year I am guarenteed a clean, comfy cabin with breath taking sunsets, clean beach and some relaxation. Even though I have moved around, I know I will always have Nelsons to go to each & every year, my home away from home :)

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank betsy329

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed June 10, 2011

I have been staying at Nelson's for over 35 years and each time I return it is like I am home again. Ken and Linda Nelson are like family. The cabins are simple, clean and comfortable. If you are looking to get away from it all and soak up the best sunset in the adirondaks then Nelson's is your place.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank Deport96
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2011

Nelson's is a home away from home for my family and I. Our family has been staying there for generations literally and the Nelsons are like family. There is no place that I'd rather stay. It's a slow paced restful vacation spot if you want it to be OR it can serve as your home base for all the activities that the Fulton chain area offers. If you are looking to stay at a fancy resort, stay home! But if you want a safe, clean and welcoming place to say, then this is it! PS- NOTHING beats the sunsets! Tell Ken and Linda the Colomb Family sent you!!

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank MrsDodge79
Laramie, Wyoming
Reviewed July 15, 2010

My family has been coming to Nelson's for many years now, and this year was as lovely as them all. Trails for ambitious climbing and a dappled woods walk both within easy distance--Rocky Mountain a particular favorite and accessible for small children. Bald Mtn and the fire lookout tower give a lovely view of the Fulton chain of lakes. Ferd's Bog, bike trail, groceries at Eagle Bay, canoe rental all close by. The Nelsons' cottages are sweet and tidy, a joy to move into whether the weather is sultry (clotheslines for drying bathingsuits and towels after days on the bright beach) or chilly and rainy--I make pies and warm the cottage up with the gas heater. We enjoy every minute, and Ken and Linda are wonderful hosts. What a great place!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank Wyogirls
charlotte, nc
Reviewed September 25, 2009

Nelson's is the perfect place to relax and enjoy yourself in the Adirondacks. Ken and Linda are very welcoming and couldn't be more accommodating. The cabins are neat and clean and the location is great. We've stayed there the past 3 summers and I couldn't imagine staying any where else. If you visit Nelson's Cottages, you won't be dissapointed. I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank NCtraveler8421
New York
Reviewed September 21, 2009

My husband and I have been to the Inlet area numerous times and had yet to find thee perfect place to stay until this past weekend. We stayed at Nelson's in the Tennessee cottage and will return there for years to come! We had a great time being walking distance to Inlet, in the perfect, tucked back area. Yes, the cottage was small but exactly what we needed. We didn't even make use of the beach or anything else Nelson's has to offer because we generally spent most of our time hiking, biking, kayaking and so on. Everything was clean and ready for our arrival. We were told ahead of time that the cottage was small (although we were expecting it to be smaller!) Linda was a gracious host and we felt comfortable that everything was clean. We can't wait to bring our children there someday! It seems like the perfect place for a family vacation. Loved it!

Also, we had a wonderful dinner at The Woods Inn (walking distance)...sooooo romantic and such great food!

PS. I would not recommend staying at the Glenmore on Big Moose Lake...this is a bar, NOT a hotel. And it was yucky. Horrible in fact...especially when I think about it being $70 a night...the place actually gives me the chills!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bug44
New York
Reviewed September 19, 2009

I have quite a bit of travel experience and have been many places over the years. I would recommend Nelson's Cottages to any family. My wife, two daughters and myself stayed for a week the last week of August 2009. We stayed at the "New York" cottage. The value was great and the space was comfortable for all four of us. Everything was very clean and the kitchen and bathroom were perfectly fine in terms of functionality, space and appliances. We really enjoyed our stay there and you can even look for our entries in the cabin's guest book. The owners Linda and Ken are very kind hosts and I was impressed with the way they both handle the care of their guests and their cottages. The setting of the cottages there is very nice and "camp-ish" with pine trees adding a woodsy cover. It was our first time at the Nelson's and we would look forward to going back again sometime. Tom & Mary Jo

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank sunnyhat7
Also consider these accommodations in or near Inlet
Great Pines
#10 of 12 in Old Forge
Adirondack Lodge Old Forge
Adirondack Lodge Old Forge
#8 of 12 in Old Forge

Been to Nelson's Cottages? Share your experiences!