“Memorial Day in Hemlock”
Review of Camp Driftwood

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Indian Lake
Camp Driftwood
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Indian Lake
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brooklyn, New York, United States
“Memorial Day in Hemlock”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Me, my boyfriend, and our two dogs stayed in Hemlock cabin for two nights over Memorial Day weekend. The cabin was extremely charming and more spacious than it looks, there was a second bedroom that we never used. The dogs loved hanging out on the porch. Our whole stay was extremely peaceful and quiet.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Essais

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Auburn, New York, United States
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

My family of four just wrapped up our third stay at Camp Driftwood. My youngest is almost 2 years-old, and his brother is 5. My 5 year-old and I love to borrow a two-seater kayak and row out on the lake to go exploring. We switched cabins from "Apple," which is lovely, to "Birch" this year. Both cabins are beautiful and welcoming. Apple has a fabulous back porch with an overhanging view of the cove while Birch is seated right on the lake shore with a stunning picture window view of the lake. We watched the moon rise over the opposite shore while the fire light flickered in the wood stove. It seems that each cabin has unique charms. Paired with the enchanting Adirondack region, this camp makes for great family vacation memories. We will be coming back every year.

Stayed October 2013
4 Thank Devon R
clifton park, new york
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I stayed in Hemlock cabin for a few days near the end of August 2013. The people who own the camp were helpful and very nice. My cabin was clean, neat and very cute. I loved it. The kitchen was well equipped and the bathroom was nice. I loved the porch. I loved the furniture. I had a nice view. I was able to swim, kayak and canoe. I felt safe there. I was able to sit on their sweet winter office porch and get on my computer. I was visited by a two humming birds while I sat there. I heard a loon one night in the rain. It was great few days.I want to go back some time.
jen

Green Features: they recycled there. read about camp driftwoods environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jsulkow1
Hawley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Maple Cabin in September with 2 dogs & a baby worked out just fine! Very peaceful, the cabin was quite large and roomier than expected, the screened in porch was awesome! If you want peace and quiet in a rustic classic Adirondack retreat this is the place!

Room Tip: the birch is right on the water and looked very nice,
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank jam18428
Reviewed September 17, 2013 via mobile

This was our second visit to Camp Driftwood, and we had a great time again. They offer a lot to do, making this a good value if you're looking for a week in a rustic cabin by a beautiful lake. They have lots of paddles, boats, and swimming toys available for as long or short as you want them for. It let us do what we wanted to do, when we wanted to do it! Our dog even got a vacation, swimming from the second, rocky beach several times a day. The Adirondack Mountains offer a lot of hiking and other outdoor activities and sports. We plan to go back again next year.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank OneOfSixInMD
Plainville, Connecticut
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

Three couples, good friends stayed one week in at Pine cabin. Very dated but very much as expected. Cabins like these are part of the landscape in the Adirondacks. The facilities include canoes and kayaks included in the price. The kitchen, bathroom and beds were clean and relatively comfortable and I'd recommend this cabin camp to those not expecting modern conveniences or upscale digs. Our stay was just fine.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Randy C
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Poplar cabin and we enjoyed it very much. We were looking for a cabin to rent for several days to get away and relax and Camp Driftwood fit the bill perfectly. The cabin we stayed in was clean and beautifully rustic. It had three rooms (plus a "loft" where you can sleep up to two) and it was more than enough space for us. We loved the wooden stove fireplace. Indian Lake was a couple of minutes walk from the cabin and along the way we saw some deers. There was no Internet or cell phone connection and we were aware of this and that was perfectly fine with us. Since the Poplar had a full functioning kitchen (e.g. oven, microwave, sink, refrigerator, coffee maker, toaster, gas range, etc.), we brought our own food and cooked every meal. Even though we brought our own water, we ended up drinking out of the faucet because the water was clean and tasted great. Firewood was already on the porch when we arrived and we spent a great deal making fire and relaxing in front of it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
#3 of 4 in North Creek
Pine Tree Motel & Cabins
Pine Tree Motel & Cabins
#1 of 1 in Chestertown

Been to Camp Driftwood? Share your experiences!