“The Most Wonderful Vacation Ever”
Review of Timberlock

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Indian Lake
Timberlock
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I will never forget my time at Timberlock. It was HEAVEN! I come from a large, far flung family, and we were all able to gather there for a wonderful week of fun and relaxation this year. The accomodations were rustic, but perfect in every way. It is not posh; it is a great place to SLOW DOWN and reconnect with loved ones. The meals were great, the staff super accommodating, and there was plenty to do. A great camraderie develops between all who stay there, so whether you gather your family there, or go solo, you will find kindred spirits to rub elbow with. I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: The beds are amazingly comfortable, and the gas lighting caling and peaceful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Queen S

Reviewed July 5, 2013

It is hard to be objective when a place can mean so much to a family year after year. Timberlock has become a touchstone of our lives as a family. We started going 13 years ago when our youngest was 3 and oldest 7. Now they are 19 and 15, both have worked or volunteered there and consider it their favorite place. As explained on the website, Timberlock is not for everyone. It is not for those who need a hair dryer or cell service to feel complete. The cabins are not electrified, but have hot running water, flushing toilets and comfy beds. As a Mom, I love not cooking and being served tasty meals community style on the dining porch. The mornings start at 8 and there is enough to keep every age busy or rested, whichever you prefer. One of the best things, no matter your child's age, they are included. When my son was 4, he played with the big kids, now as a big kid, he includes the smaller ones, it is that kind of place.

Whether you like swimming, hiking, horse back riding, tennis or reading on the porch, you will find something to suit you. Bruce, Holly, and all the staff are friendly and helpful. We have made wonderful friends over the years and we all keep coming back together. I love new adventures, but it is wonderful to have one place to go each year and know you will enjoy yourselves completely.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank moonbeam83
Reviewed March 29, 2013

My wife and I discovered Timberlock in 1989 and have returned every summer since that we could. Now 22 years and counting. Timberlock is not a "hotel." It is a week with old and new "family" in a beautiful location with lots to do and no digital intrusion. As one person put it, "it is as close to camping as you can get with a hard roof and someone else to do the (excellent) cooking.

Individual cabins range from ample (7 person) to small (just 2 people) along the lake which we prefer.
Cabins have hot, cold and flush except the ones right at lake edge that share a similarly equipped "trail john" a few steps away.

Excellent meals are served family style on the large dining porch.

The very high return rate means that it may be hard to get a first reservation at peak weeks. After the first visit, most visitors reserve a cabin for the next years when they check out. Large family reunions may book ahead two years to be sure of accommodations.

Last summer we made a special trip back for the memorial service of a dear Timberlock friend to place his ashes in the Jessup River breezes that we had shared for many years.
People don't feel that way about most "hotels." (photo 2)

Warning....do not come to be pampered. You are coming to be treated like family. No one will make your bed or give you a menu. Picky kids who can't make do with P,B & J. will not do well.

If you love the out doors, particularly the woods, lakes, and mountains of the Adirondacks, if you want make and keep new friends from across the globe, I'd look forward to meeting you if we are there together this year.

PS TL has a full waterfront with free canoes, kayaks, and sails but avid canoers, kayakers, and water skiers often bring their own boats. (photo 1)

4  Thank Julian Y
Reviewed March 5, 2013

I found this place 16 years ago when I was looking for a great family resort that included meals. No more shopping, cooking, or dishes for me (at least for a week)! Timberlock is just the right amount of rustic (cabins but with hot showers and real beds), full of fun things to do (swim, sail, kyack, ride horses, hike, make something in the woodshop), and the food is just delicious (we can't wait for the bell to ring for mealtime). This past summer was my 12th year at Timberlock and I plan on coming back again in 2013 even though my college aged kids are traveling (my 18 year old son did come along last summer with a friend and had a great time). We have spent many vacations here with my sisters and their families as well. Perfect for family reunions as no one has to host or cook! Timberlock is a special place for me and the many other folks who return year after year.

• Stayed: July 2012
4  Thank BerkelyMom
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We have been visiting Timberlock for about 5 years. This makes us relative newbies as many of the guests have been going for decades. Simply put: our family loves Timberlock and everything about it. My daughter has also gone to camp there and worked there. One of my sons has worked there as well. The activities and setting are outstanding. I think I like it the best of all of us as it is a chance to truly unplug and get "off grid" for a week. I do not get the news paper while we are there, no cell service, no internet. That is heaven as far as I am concerned. Do understand, however, the Timberlock is not for everyone - the clientele is very self selecting.
Timberlock has become an important part of our family and we expect to visit there for many years to come.

Room Tip: Popple is our favorite cabin.
4  Thank John V
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We went to Timberlock for the first time this summer and it was the best vacation our family has ever taken. The cabins are rustic but there is so much to do and the staff was wonderful with the kids. We already booked for next year!

1  Thank EHM950
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Timberlock was a wonderful experience. The food was excellent, the staff was wonderful and the guests were all quite friendly. The ability to do pretty much anything at any time anywhere on the grounds was nice, we didn't have to follow some strict schedule, and we could take our time and relax during the day. Their recreational activities on the lake include sailing, windsurfing, canoeing and kayaking, but please note the rather large, imposing sign that states that there should be 2 adults (parents of the kids swimming) on the beach and that there are no lifeguards on duty. Wonderful place, wonderful people, I'll go back again every year!

Room Tip: Depending on what you want, closer to the main lodge is great if you want to be first in line for br...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bradploof

Been to Timberlock? Share your experiences!