“Not even pseudo-mexican”

Marty's Chili Nights Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

It is terrible have to say this, but this is the very worst mexican food that I have ever had. It is of very poor, bland quality and I believe that it comes out of a microwave. On top of that, it is very over-priced. Seems that the special is always lobster quesadia and this is really as awful as it is expensive. We have eaten here 4 times (don't ask why) and the very last time we sent the food back and asked the waitress if the "chef" had ever tasted the food. Avoid the food and if you must go, just go for the margaritas and then eat somewhere else. The margaritas are the only reason that I rated this as poor vs. terrible.

Reviewed February 8, 2014

We have dinner at Marty's every month or two when we are in Indian Lake. It is always nice to see waitress Michelle, chef Nancy and bartender Walt.
I had a chicken enchilada with green sauce and my wife had a beef burrito with red sauce. Both were very hot and tasty.
Marty's usually has Dos Equis Amber on tap which is my favorite beer.

1  Thank David_Sabael
Reviewed February 7, 2014

While we loved the atmosphere, the friendly staff and had a wonderful margarita pitcher, the four adults present did not enjoy the food. None of it. From the chips served to our entrees to dessert, everything disappointed. And for four people at lunch, we spent over $100 pre tip. I would recommend only for drinks. Huge disappointment for the beautifully described menu, but poorly executed cooking.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Nice people but lousy food. I had a quesadilla and I think the chicken was the prepackaged strips you can buy (the kind that aren't even the same texture as chicken and that are not made with breast meat). High prices for low quality food.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Wait staff are very friendly and food is authentic Mexican fare. Amble parking but small interior. Prices are slightly on the higher side.

1  Thank Darcy F