“Relaxing and reviving getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hurleyville
Sanivan Holistic Retreat and Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hurleyville
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Needed a chance to rebalance, de-stress, re-energize. Saniye and Ivan did that and more for me. I spent 3 nights, which was just perfect for me. Yoga, shiatsu, facial, exercise were all terrific. The facilities are great with the spa bath and steam bath - and more. The food is outstanding - fresh, homemade, organic - so delicious! And the supportive open discussions were very much needed and appreciated. I wasent sure what to expect, but Saniye and Ivan are very welcoming and easygoing. I have never tried yoga, but I went with an open mind, ready to try new things. Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Betsy_Tyng
There are newer reviews for Sanivan Holistic Retreat and Spa

Reviewed February 14, 2014

I didn't know what to expect when I signed up for a week at Sanivan Holistic Retreat in the Catskill Mountains in Upstate New York. I'm not a Spa kind of person, but the description of Sanivan Retreat as a 'Holistic B&B for the Soul' appealed to me greatly, so off I went.

What a wonderful treat It turned out to be, much more so than I could have imagined! The lovely environment and peaceful atmosphere along with wonderful, nurturing treatments and amenities and a carefully planned, partly raw, delicious diet, including (if one chooses) a juice fast (a first, but surely not a last for me) made the week fly by much too fast.

All of this is beautifully choreographed by the host couple, Saniye and Ivan, whose first and foremost goal is to offer their guests a health-supporting, nurturing experience. I loved every minute of my stay and returned home feeling de-stressed, refreshed and re-energized beyond expectations. It goes without saying, I am already looking forward to my next visit!

Anne Beardsley

P.S. There is even a lovely grand piano in the common room that you are encouraged to lose yourself with...

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank AnnePyge
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Saniye and Ivan have created a beautiful healing oasis at Sanivan. They were extremely conscious of my need to work while I was there and supported me with unobtrusive hospitality. Saniye's juices were deliciously creative and Ivan's bodywork is extremely intuitive and nourishing. Of the three places I have been for a juice fast, this is the only one I would consider returning to!

Kala, Westchester, NY

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Kala V
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I just went for four days by myself to center myself and heal. It was such a great place to do it. The massage, sauna, and showers were great! I looked forward to each meal-Saniye is a great cook. They were the best home cooked meals ever. Saniye went to the CSA to pick up veggies and we had it that evening. It was amazing. Where they are situated in the Catskils is so beautiful-green and lush. The air was so fresh and crisp. They also took me hiking. The waterfalls were gorgeous. They took me to restorative yoga and it was amazing. It really helped calm me. The cats are the cutest! The time away from the city on my own was what I needed to take a step towards healing. Thank you guys so much! I'll be visiting again very soon.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Ambrosia337
Reviewed March 13, 2011

My daughter and I went to Sanivan Holistic Retreat with the goal to cleanse ourselves there and put our lifestyle on the right track. In our 7 day stay, we achieved, actually, more than we hoped for! Exquisite fresh organic juices and smoothies, absolutely delicious organic raw food (got great recipes from Saniye!), body detox with Dr. Schulze herbs and tinctures, etc... A huge pool, sauna, all kind of exercise equipment, massage, facial, yoga, Rife therapy were a great addition to our cleansing efforts. The Shiatsu massage by Ivan we considered the best massage we've ever had!

The atmosphere at the retreat is wonderful - very relaxing, warm and inviting. The first floor of the house and pool/exercise/treatment facilities are all done in wood. There are three good size guest bedrooms upstairs, Internet room, modern showers with hydro massage, very large kitchen with all sorts of equipment and living room downstairs, TV, good library, - all spotless and free to use. Beautiful cats added to the atmosphere, as did beautiful music, movies and great conversations that we had with Saniey and Ivan.

We also read a lot of good and rare alternative therapy stuff from our host's library and watched DVDs on that subject (alternative therapy is my hobby, while I work in a medical field). I have to say that the joy that we experienced through our stay in Sanivan was somewhat surprising to me - I do have very serious health issues and I have preoccupied myself with the concerns and worries for the last year or so. But at Sanivan both me and my daughter felt so peaceful and happy (where did all the worries go?) that neither of us wanted to leave.... I guess, cleansing of the soul really goes along with the cleansing of the body:-)

I highly recommend this unique Retreat to everyone who wants the same things we wanted from that stay. The quality of foods and services, the dedication to healing and professional attitude, the amount of good that happens to you there worth much more than the price of the stay. And if you do not want cleansing, smoothies and raw food and are in a good health, you would just enjoy Saniye's wonderful cooking, conversations, massages, etc as you would do in a Bed&Breakfast with a spa features.
S.N., NY, NY

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank vilca
Reviewed July 5, 2009

I have been to Sanivan four or five times in the past year. Everytime I go I arrive stressed and tired and leave feeling peaceful and energized. The greatest asset that Sanivan has are its owners, Saniye and Ivan. They are caring, knowledgable, lovely people who really work very hard to make sure that your stay is comfortable and satisfying. There is a huge heated pool, a sauna, fitness equipment, a great library of spiritual, self-help, nutrition, and natural healing books, and a dvd collection of very interesting and educational films. They rooms are pretty and comfortable, I always sleep so well there. The food is absolutely gourmet level delicious, and they do all the cooking themselves, and will gladly send you home with some recipes. They are really flexible with the food and will be able to counsel you on what style of eating would be best during your stay, whether it's vegetarian, vegan, raw, or juicing, as well as non-vegetarian. All the food is organic and supports local businesses, and some of the food is even from their very own garden! They have beautiful and sweet cats who love to be pet but will leave you alone if you don't feel like being bothered, they are not at all intrusive. There is a great yoga studio a few minutes away that I would really recommend attending with Saniye and Ivan as well. The treatments are like a slice of heaven on earth, after a shiatsu or facial treatment I feel absolutely blissful! You should know that the bathroom is shared and the food is family style, so make sure you are comfortable with that before you book. Your stay can really be customized and you can have as much alone time or as much company as you like. Saniye and Ivan would also be glad to take you on a hike, or you can just walk the pretty labyrinth in their yard. I could go on forever about how great Sanivan is, I just left a week ago and I'm already looking forward to my next stay! I would definitely recommend this spa/retreat!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank mtopaz
Reviewed June 25, 2009

My husband and I came to visit Sanivan for a week in June. I needed a chance to get away from my hectic life and recharge my batteries. I chose to come to Sanivan because I wanted a more relaxed and "personal" experience than just going to a B&B, hotel, or big retreat center. What we got was exactly what we needed! Saniye and Ivan were wonderful hosts who warmly shared their home and their energy with us. I chose to juice fast during my stay, while my husband ate whatever Saniye and Ivan were cooking. My fast was very comfortable and pleasant, with lots of variety in the juices that were prepared, and I never felt deprived or irritable. We spent our days going to yoga classes, swimming in their lovely pool and enjoying the sauna, cuddling with their adorable kitties, reading, and generally relaxing. My husband and I both had a shiatsu massage, which was included in the cost of our stay, and I had a fantastic facial. Our room was lovely and very comfortable, and our bathroom -- with the Spa Shower that included a waterfall and high-powered jets -- was AMAZING! If you are looking for a big luxury hotel, room service, or somewhere to go where you will be just left alone, then you should probably look somewhere else. If you are looking for a place to stay where you will receive personal attention in a relaxing and comfortable environment, especially if you are interested in fresh home-made meals of organic food, vegetarian/vegan food, or juice fasting, this is a fantastic place to go to!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank savyakoshka
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hurleyville
Ramada Rock Hill at Sullivan Center
HOME2 Suites by Hilton Middletown
Days Inn Liberty
Days Inn Liberty
#1 of 3 in Liberty

Been to Sanivan Holistic Retreat and Spa? Share your experiences!