“Yikes”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We stayed here for two nights in January 2013. The characters that frequented the area were something out of a movie... I would say quite a few were drug dealers and others were prostitutes... looked like some were actually living there for an extended period.

The people that run the place are nice....but you truly get what you pay for.

Overall, the place served it's purpose of a place to sleep, but if you like NO odors and cleanliness...don't stay here.

My parents found a lovely vacation rental from flipkey during our stay on Long Island.... we wish had not been so tight in the wallet... when you pay $58 a night... you get a place that is worth $58.

Room Tip: Go on Flipkey and search vacation rentals like our parents did... Best value in Huntington is on fli...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Bob S

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We had been going to this hotel,back since it was a Howard Johnsons hotel. It switched to Huntington Country Inn. The prices went up a bit...but it remained clean,and friendly and just a nice lil getaway for my husband and I. We hadn't been in some time..and about 2 years ago,we booked it without batting an eye,because of our prior good experiences. Well....from the moment we checked in,there were issues. The first room was disgusting,and the 2nd one was not much better...but we had a reunion to go to,and didn't want to look elsewhere for a hotel. The front desk are now extremely careless,unfriendly people. I literally had to beg to be switched to another room.The comical thing was that he told me when I called down the first time asking to be switched,that we were in "the best room we have" !! Smoke smell,jets didnt work in tub,bed felt filthy... I could go on and on. It went from such a nice place to relax and unwind,to a disgusting excuse for a hotel. Sooo disappointed. NEVER stay at this hotel,UNTIL you hear otherwise that management has changed or they leveled the place and are starting over !!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank IslandRose71
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were booked into the Huntington Country Inn. This Hotel was TERRIBLE! There were cigarette burns on the sink and rugs, the bath tub was discolored and there were roaches in the room (the roaches were the final straw that made us switch hotels). Thank goodness we had booked through Hot Wire, they got us a room in another hotel the same day (but it cost a little more). Hot Wire said this was a one star hotel... It should be a zero star hotel....

Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ArtPG55
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I was in town from another state. I had booked one night back at the end of May 2012. The staff was friendly enough. But the rooms was terrible. It smell of smoke in the room was overwhelming that I had to go out and buy and air freshener. The shower did not have a stopper on it. The next morning for breakfast, by the time I walked over at 7am there was nothing left out beside a small waffle, cereal but no milk and lots of syrup packets. All I will say is I will never go there again. Even if they offered me a week free to stay there.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ameuc
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hookers and homeless. My husband and I stayed here and we couldn't believe it. Our room was awful. It smelled terrible. It said non smoking on the door but the front desk said it was a smoking room. We wanted no smoking but it was the only one they had left. They left the glass door open all day and the air conditioner on to clear it out. The door being open let flys in. We didn't dare shower or bathe. The bathroom was not clean. We touched as little as possible. We paid $79.00. We've had much better rooms for less money. We slept alright but it was disgusting. The microwave was filthy and smelled . I went to the front desk and told them. They sent someone in and she slapped a rag around in it and when she left it was still filthy. She didn't even try to clean it. The whole room was filthy everywhere. I had read reviews somewhere elso and they weren't this bad. It was really bad.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ginn B
Reviewed September 22, 2012

my brother and his father and i went to this hotel and we looked out of the door and saw a guy with a hooker it was very strange but the family reunion and everything was a ok a very good choice if you like prostitutes and hookers walking around with other men.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here overnight because it was close to an event we attended. We checked in to 3 rooms. All had issues. One smelled so bad that we had to move to a new room. Jet tubs were not working. I killed 2 cockroaches in my room. The rooms were $70 each for the night. I knew I wasn't going to a great hotel but this was way worse than I expected. I've been to cheap hotels before but the roaches were a new low. I will not be going back again, ever!!

• Stayed: September 2012
Days Inn Hicksville Long Island
Oheka Castle
Oheka Castle
#1 of 3 in Huntington

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!