“will never stay at a country inn again”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Reviewed September 13, 2012

booked this a month ago to attend a wedding, the wedding was called off and went to cancel my reservation and not only am not going to be reimbursed but they will not even give me a credit to stay at another location at another time. I was not aware they had this "special rate" policy or I would have never booked there. Very disappointed and will post this and tell everyone I know that its wrong that they were not accommodating at all as far as their guests are concerned. And I'm cancelling this a month in advance...not like it was the last minute!!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank AV8RMAN

Reviewed August 26, 2012

Don't ever book this hotel. Have you ever seen the outside of a crack house? Well this is ten times worst than that. The room looks nothing like the picture. I walked into the room and couldn't breath beacuse it smelled like some sort of drug was burnt inside the room. The curtain was burnt half way. There was a security bar at the sliding glass door. Carpet was about 15 years old and dirty with stains. The bathroom was very dirty with mold in the bathtub and soiled with dirt and filth. The bedspread was old and dirty and out of date. OMG I have stayed in very bad hotels in my life due to low funds but nobody should ever be subjected to stay at this hotel. Also the owner is using the name Country inn but it is not a chain hotel like the original CountryInn. DON'T STAY HERE BELIEVE ME YOU WILL REGRET IT.

1  Thank Judith A
Reviewed August 22, 2012

There were actually some kind of fly larvae living in the jacuzzi tub. Everytime we'd take a shower they would come out and try to bit us! The room smelled like mildew and the bathroom was falling apart. We are thankful to God that there were no bed bugs. Aside from the bug problem and the odor, everthing worked and the bed was comfortable. So if you don't mind fly larvae in the bathtub bitting you and mildew in the room, than this place is for you!

Room Tip: Check mattresses for bed bugs if you stay here
2  Thank LASTAATS
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Stay far away from this place!!! The tub, sink and toilet were disgusting. The room had definitely not been cleaned at all prior to our check-in! There were no towels.....NOT ONE.....and I had to wait almost a half and hour for them to bring me some towels so that I could take a shower.
There was no iron and also no blow dryer (the website claimed to have both) this was a big problem for me. Again I had to wait another half hour or so for them to bring these things to me!! I was in a hurry, because of all these hold-ups I was late for my event!
The air conditioner did not work at all!!!! I could not sleep a wink that night because it was soooo hot in my room! When I spoke to them about the air conditioner and the extreme temperature in my room, they literally said NOTHING!!! They couldn't care less!
Additionally, I afraid to even walk barefoot on the smelly, moldy, carpet!
Pay the extra few dollars and stay elsewhere!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Angie J
Reviewed August 14, 2012

We were horrified at the written reviews, but our budget won out so we booked 3 days at the Huntington Inn. I would like to agree with a previous reviewer who stated if you're used to the Marriott and Sheraton, this is NOT the place for you! We rented Rm 224, which must be the same room on the photos, because it was NICE (see pics) and had a working jacuzzi, which the kids used and loved. I never saw the pool. I never saw Section 8 loiterers or children running around. The hotel was quiet and the room was clean. I do agree that you should walk with your own towels as we could never get more than a single washcloth and two bath towels that have seen better days, but the bed was comfortable, the flat screen was nice, the a/c worked properly, even though we had our window open because we like the sound of rain, and it did rain a couple of the days we were there. For the price, you can't beat it. We didn't eat there, but we were able to connect to the Wi-Fi no problem, and the Direct TV was working. Now the front door was very heavy and my husband had to really work to get it opened, but that also meant no one was coming in unannounced. There was a chain on the door as well. The hallways were clean and quiet, and the staff was cordial. We prefer the Marriott, but in a financial pinch, we would stay here again!

Room Tip: Everything worked properly and was nice and clean in Rm 224
3  Thank Leslie J
497nencya, General Manager at Rodeway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. Reading positive comments from our valued guests, like you, makes us feel we are doing our job right and motivates us to continue on to our successful path.

We give our 100% everyday to provide the best service to all our guests and hope for an ever-growing positive reputation in the future for our hotel.

Thank you again and hope to see you soon at the Rodeway Inn,Huntington Station, NY.

Reviewed July 31, 2012

The two stars are for room size and hotel location, after that, not one good thing to say about this hotel/rooms. Dirty, bugs, broken room phones, unlit/poorly lit outside areas to and from your room. Outlets that did not work, bad lighting, carpets dirty and stained, blankets torn, burn holes. Pieces of the ornamentation on the bed had fallen off and never replaced, holes in the wall where things must have once hung. Constantly calling the front office to replace broken things (iron, coffee maker)The so called breakfast was a few frozen waffles, 2-3 plain bagles and white bread for toasting. The pictures posted on line are NOT representative of the reality.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Adriane W
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stay away! Bed bugs all over the mattress!!!! Mold smell, mold in bathtub!! I'm still having nightmares!! Looked like the door had been kicked in. Sliding glass door was open. Shady place. STAY AWAY it needs to be shut down!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Chalet Inn & Suites
Chalet Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Centerport
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!