All reviews jericho turnpike continental breakfast bagels long island walt whitman road noise the location is perfect visiting family plenty of hot water family function accommodating staff coffee machine front desk clerk night's sleep motel accommodations refrigerator
Selected filters
Reviewed November 11, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I just spent three nights here while visiting family in Huntington. We were able to spend the days with family and then go back to the lodge for a great night’s sleep. We had a room with a king sized bed. The room was clean, comfortable and quiet. There were plenty of hot water for the shower and the heater was efficient and not too noisy.
There is a 7-11 less than 500 feet away from the lodge, easily within walking distance.
I would suggest getting a room in the back so you are not facing the main road.
The front desk clerk was very friendly and nice. She honored a lower rate which was online, than we were initially quoted. We will certainly return at another time.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
amosch, Owner at Whitman Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2018

Hi Janet,
Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you. Our staff will always do everything possible to
merit the confidence you have shown in us. Hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed October 17, 2018

1st Point - LOCATION IS TERRIBLE.................Like five feet from highway......Pick a room in the back (quieter)
2nd Point - When we entered the lobby - felt like stepping back to 1980.
3rd Point - Person behind bullet proof glass window (???) > Was acting like we were bothering.....like it was a chore to put his damned cell phone up.
4th Point - Room was not at all like the pictures you see.
5th Point - For what we paid per night $$$ - This was a friggin RIP OFF!!
6th Point - Kitchen area is right next to bathroom door!!!???
- No Paper Towels to Wipe Hands.
- Flatware Utensils Look Like They Were Purchased At Local Flea Market 10
Years Ago.
7th Point - Room Itself stunk....smelled Like A Wet Carpet/ Mold
8th Point - I sat down a removed my shoes...Within one Hour - My WHITE socks were black on bottom from carpet.

WE NEVER GO BACK TO THIS PLACE...................EVER

Room tip: Pick a room in back - away from highway
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Wayne E
amosch, Owner at Whitman Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2018

Hi Wayne,
Thank you for your feedback..We realize that we cannot satisfy everyone, as for the Security Glass at our front desk, in today's world you can never do too much to ensure the safety of your employees. Because of this, we have never had any incident. Much like the banks, i'd say the odds are in our favor.

Reviewed September 7, 2018 via mobile

I stay at this hotel every 1- 2 years. I grew up on Long Island and family events happen often. First of all, it’s the best rate for the value......bar none. The rooms are very clean, updated when needed. The staff is not only friendly but accommodating at a moments notice. A refrigerator and/or microwave are available in your room for the asking. The beds are extremely comfortable, towels are plentiful and my ac was powerful.
The continental breakfast is fine, there’s not a gourmet chef at your beckon call, but there’s 24/7 coffee machine. Breakfast - there are cereals....both hot & cold. French toast, regular toast, bagels, muffins. It’s included in the price of the room. It serves the purpose.
I’m really quite shocked at some of the negative reviews. I’ve stayed here at least 7 times in the last 14 years and have never had anything but an amazing, comfortable, safe and completely satisfied experience each & every time.
This year with the popularity of Airbnb options, I looked for private secluded accommodations. I don’t want a room in someone’s house, I don’t want to share a bath, I don’t want to make small talk with the owner. I want to walk in at 3am or feel free to talk on my phone at 5am, or watch tv at 1am if I choose to do so. The private quarters that were offered were far more expensive and no one cleaned the place every day. No, I’m not messy.....but, I’m on vacation and I truly appreciate and enjoy coming back to a freshly cleaned room everyday.
As someone who grew up on Long Island, trust me when I tell you you’re not going to find a better value or accommodations for the price. The location is perfect, my only suggestion is to ask for a 200-400 numbered room if available. They’re further away from the road.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank RDBP
amosch, Owner at Whitman Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2018

WOW...What a review. THANK YOU for giving us the opportunity to serve you. We sincerely appreciate the kind words, in addition to your business and the confidence you have placed in us.
Andy

Reviewed August 19, 2018

well maintained, clean motel. very comfortable, not high end, but quality, clean, great for a good night's sleep. offer free breakfast, which is simple. Nice place, nice people. Good location on Jerico pike.

Room tip: 200's are in the back, off the street
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank john o
amosch, Owner at Whitman Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 15, 2018

Hi John,
Thank you for your feed back, we are happy that we were able to serve you and give you a pleasant stay

Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

Ugh so disappointed !! Who wrote these previous reviews? It's a 2 star motel at best. First impression is You are greeted by a clerk behind bullet proof glass. Had to switch rooms instantly first room had deeply yellowed covers and linens-yuck. King size rooms are small dark and dank!! Carpet is old and smells like cigarettes. Rooms have no mini refrigerators or coffee machines. So dark no lighting. Blinds ripped and torn. So thankful I brought my own pillow-the pillows in the room are 100 years old. Decor is dark and old looks like bought at a thrift store. Has to wait 20 min for hot water to come through faucet. No room safe. Holes in walls covered with cheap art. Magazine left for guests diabetic living weird choice probably given because free. If you have respiratory issues don't stay here it's stinky. Breakfast is free but nothing special bagels cereal yogurt pretty standard. Hotel off very busy road so if you end up with a front facing room you will never get any sleep from road noise.I would never stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank nadica
amosch, Owner at Whitman Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2018

Hi Nadica,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience your may have experienced. At Whitman we take pride in ensuring
our customer's satisfaction. Unfortunately we did not meet yours. Thanks for the feedback.
Andy