“A GEM IN THE HEART OF LONG ISLAND”

Whitman Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed October 14, 2009

To The Wonderful Staff at The Whitman Motor Lodge,

I would like to thank you all for the exceptional accommodations and service at your hotel during my entire one month stay. Upon relocating back to Long Island from Atlanta in September, I needed a clean, comfortable and affordable place to stay while my wife and I searched for our new home. Your hotel exceeded my expectations with its cleanliness, extremely comfortable king bed, amenities (wireless internet, over 100 cable channels), and central location (on Jericho Turnpike- within 5 minutes of the 110 Corridor in Melville, Long Island Expressway, Northern State Parkway and plenty of shopping including the Walt Whitman Mall.

Yet perhaps it was the friendliness of the personnel who run the establishment more like a bed and breakfast, treating its guests like family that I will remember most. I will be certain to recommend The Whitman Motor Lodge to all friends and business associates visiting Long Island as the prefect place to stay. Its affordability (which can be difficult to find on Long Island) also makes it ideal for those returning from out of state visiting family for the holidays and reunions.

Two Thumbs Up For The Whitman Motor Lodge of Huntington!

Thank you again!

Chris K.
East Northport, New York

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
3  Thank ck4874

Reviewed September 19, 2009

Friends from out of state stayed at the Whitman because of its conveinent location to a local affair & the fact that some rooms had a kitchenette & living room area in addition to the seperate bedroom. Due to the fact that I had a house fire, I was in need of a long term stay residence (more than just a bedroom) & remembered the beautiful clean apartment at the Whitman. There was an apartment suite in the main building that was available for my stay of over six months. Exactly what I needed, a fully furnished apt, beautifully appointed with everything from cutlery to dishes to WIFI. Despite the tragedy I was experiencing, the owners immediately made me feel like I would have a home to stay at, making my days as normal as possible under t he circumstances and allowing me to return to work, without the worry of my housing. The entire staff has been personalble, keeping the rooms immaculate, as well as giving me a sense of family. The location never made me feel displaced, as it not only still in my neighborhood, but in close proximity to all of Huntington, its restaurants, malls, railroad station & parkways. I honestly dont know where I would be without the Whitman. The owneres & the entire staff have taken care of me & helped me through worst time of my life & have been constantly encouraging & supportive of me. I cannot recommend the Whitman more highly to anyone who needs a place to stay if only for a night or two or like me to have a home for awhile...and ...the coffee is always on.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank aptb
Reviewed July 20, 2009

Although the first impression upon pulling up to The Whitman Motor Lodge doesn't seem particularly promising, this is an extremely clean and up-to-date motor lodge. If you're looking for a safe, clean, reasonable room with all the basics, this is it. We were delighted to find a dorm-sized refrigerator and small microwave in our room, both immaculately clean and ready to use. The bathroom was pristine, and the bed comfortable. The owner is sincerely concerned for his guests' comfort, as well as the public perception of his home/business. The breakfast offerings are very basic, but sufficient. I was delighted with the free WiFi. The location is extremely convenient to shopping, restaurants, attractions and more. We had everything we needed for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mtg57
Reviewed June 12, 2009

This is the second time this year that I have been in this area. The value and cleanliness
made staying here an easy choice. The staf was very friendly and helpful which is gettingt harder to come by out there. We were made to feel like one of the family. We will always stay here when we are in the area, and recomend it to all that are looking for a great value in thier travels

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank montauk45
Reviewed April 25, 2009

What a deal! The rooms were spotless, beds comfortable and the staff was so pleasant. I can't believe that continental breakfast was also included at these prices. Much better than a Hilton or Marriott that I often stay at when I travel. Whenever on Long Island, I will definitely be staying here. Thanks to all the staff for their hospitality.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank jrlny
Reviewed April 24, 2009

The staff could not have been more accommodating. They graciously provided accessories I had forgotten to bring; looked up phone numbers and provided directions to local points of interest; when our heater did not work in the room we had reserved, we were immediately upgraded to a suite at no extra charge. The rooms are spacious, clean, sound proof and affordable...the complimentary breakfast is most sufficient. The very feel as i walked in was a warm "welcome". I look forward to my next visit!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank meant2b4kmt
Reviewed March 15, 2009

My stay at the Whitman Motor Lodge was very pleasant. The rooms are spotlessly clean and comfortable. The staff went out of their way to make me feel welcome. The free continental breakfast and coffee were excellent. I will be back.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bbeagle1995
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Best Western Woodbury Inn
#1 of 3 in Huntington
Days Inn Woodbury Long Island
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
Comfort Inn Syosset by Choice Hotels

Been to Whitman Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!