“Birmingham, Alabama”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Huntington
Birmingham, Alabama
“Birmingham, Alabama”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

My family and I stayed at the Whitman Motor Lodge for three nights while in New York for my step brother's Travis Rittenhouse funeral. The two room with the kitchenette was very clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly. We were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Niecy_2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed May 12, 2014

My sister and I traveled to Long Island last month, and stayed in 4 different hotels. Three of the hotels were large hotel chains, and although they were pleasant enough, our favorite was the Whitman Motor Lodge. It's an old motor lodge, but they have certainly made the best of this property. It was spotless, our room in the back was very spacious and quiet, and the price was reasonable. Donald, who checked us in and out, was a person every hotel would like to have working for them. He was personable, helpful and conscientious. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others, especially families.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Dyanne2448
Saratoga Springs, New York
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I stayed at the Whitman Motor Lodge for four nights while on a business trip. I was worried that because the price was lower than a lot of other hotels in the area that it might not be very nice. I read reviews before I made the reservation, and they seemed to be generally positive, so I booked a room. My room was very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The people at the front desk were pleasant to deal with. The breakfast buffet was better than I expected. The only complaint I have is that the carpet in the room could do with a shampooing. In the area around the door it was very dark and dirty.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room in the back of the main building. It is probably quieter back there, and it was g...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DavidUpstate
pleasant valley
Reviewed May 5, 2014

I stayed in the 2 room unit with the kitchenette. It was very clean and comfortable. I also requested a microwave and was accommodated. It was nice to have 2 tv's as I was traveling with my 2 nieces. the beds were really comfy; the sofa bed was comfortable as a sofa but not so much as a bed. There was a huge variety of breakfast food - muffins, danish, bagels, waffles, cereal, yogurt etc. Only thing that would have been a nice addition was fresh fruit as one of my nieces is not able to eat wheat or dairy.
Walls seems solid too, never heard anyone on either side of us or traffic in the front. Really close to the mall, restaurants and attractions in the area. Will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Loved the room with the kitchenette which was in the back away from the traffic on Jericho turnpike.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mercPleasantValley
Westbrook, Maine
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We have stayed at Whitman Motor Lodge several times and can't say enough about the accommodations. The rooms are very comfy and very clean. The staff is so friendly and helpful. Love the continental breakfast.....just perfect to start your day. Anytime coffee is great! We visit family, and this location is very convenient. Wouldn't consider staying anywhere else. Just love everything about Whitman Motor Lodge!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Providence, Rhode Island
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Stayed only one night for business. The staff went out of their way to be accommodating (we checked in early). Donald at the front desk was extremely helpful and downright fun. The room was exceptionally clean. Our step down shower was wicked in design. I've already told several business associates about what a nice place it was to stay for an affordable price.

Room Tip: Enjoyed the quiet of the rooms to the back of the property.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Suzan D
Lexington, Kentucky
Reviewed January 16, 2014

The fact that I had such a good experience the first time that I stayed at the Whitman Motor Lodge prompted me to stay again for another satisfying experience. The rooms are very clean and comfortable and the facility is well maintained. The staff is courteous and helpful. They offer a nice Continental breakfast and the motel is located within easy driving distance of restaurants and shopping malls. The Long Island Railroad is within 10 minutes away (a short cab ride since commuting residents use the station's parking spaces). Penn Station is a little over an hour away. I would recommend this motel without hesitation.

Room Tip: Rooms 401 - 404 are in the back, away from the parking lot and road, and are very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank A_Former_New_Yorker
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Best Western Woodbury Inn
#1 of 1 in Centerport
Days Inn Woodbury Long Island
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack

Been to Whitman Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!