“Marilyn Sills Review”

Whitman Motor Lodge
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Huntington
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Staying at the Whitman Motor Lodge is like staying with family. Andy and Donald know how to run a business and make you feel right at home. Have stayed here twice in the past five years and loved it each time. The location is great, the people working here are great and I highly recommend it whether you're on business or pleasure. I came all the way from West Palm Beach, Florida and had another memorable stay at the lodge.

Room Tip: Try room 205 - right next to the dining room. Easy walk to the front desk.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank marilyn s

Reviewed August 8, 2013

The one bedroom suites are our favorite. We have stayed many times and enjoyed it each time. The staff is friendly and committed to providing great service. It is always clean and well maintained. Nice continental breakfasts and plenty of beverages always available. The Lodge is conveniently located on Jericho Turnpike which makes it easy to find many restaurants, shops and attractions of the area. The prices are reasonable as well. A great experience time after time which always brings us back or ready to recommend it.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Dina Y
Reviewed August 3, 2013

On first blush my wife was very skeptical. We were given a free upgrade to the "suites" in the back. I recommend you ask to stay there (the 300 series of rooms). We were very pleasantly surprised at the size and it even had a little cooktop and small fridge if you eat in. Shopping and restaurants very close by. We will return if we are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank David L
Reviewed July 30, 2013

The best small motel we have had the experience of visiting. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff was great!!! It was nice to have coffee available at any time day or night.. Would stay here again!!! AMS & BKB

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Brenda B
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The rooms were clean and cool, noise was minimal, and the service was top-notch. I felt right at home, and would have been happy to stay inside my room all day. The coffee machine (which operates 24/7) had to be the best part of the experience, though; it's fast and yields a strong brew. I give the Whitman Motor Lodge a full recommendation.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Nikolai S
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We've been staying at the Whitman Motor Lodge each time we return to Huntington, and have not been disappointed at any time. The rooms are always clean, the beds very comfortable, and the staff wonderful. And it's hard to beat the location, with easy access to the parkway, LIE, the Melville business area, and all foods and amenities. The lodge has a very nice continental breakfast and from what I can tell, 24-hour or almost 24-hour coffee as it's always there when I go searching. To top off a recent trip, I left behind some personal items including two rings. When I realized it the next morning and called, I was told they were turned in. I just received them back, reinvigorating my opinion of human nature. I've lost other items at large chain hotels and needless to say they were never returned. I just hope this motor lodge doesn't get so busy I can't get a room when wanted, I'd hate to have to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back. The rooms in the front face Jericho Turnpike and although I haven't...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank julia b
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Had a great 3 night stay. Excellent staff and service. Rooms are very well done, clean, cozy and comfortable. It's near a great mall and plenty to eat. I would definitely recommend to anyone who had to be in this area of the Island.
Kimberly

Room Tip: You definitely want a room in the 200s or 300s so you are away from the street.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MikiMinnz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Huntington
Best Western Woodbury Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Melville
Hampton Inn Long Island/Commack
The Inn At Fox Hollow Hotel
OHEKA CASTLE Hotel & Estate

Been to Whitman Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!