“A little disappointed”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed November 14, 2012

I think this place has recently changed owners. It used to serve really good food. I used to love their omelets. I find that most places are charging more and giving less. I had a western omelet that was ok but not great. It was pretty skimpy with the ham, onions and peppers. The sweet potato fries were good but a small portion for an extra 1.50 My husband ordered a turkey burger and was pretty disappointed. They used to serve a really good one. It almost looked like a veggie burger and was smaller than usual. He didn't love it. I don't eat here often but I have had better meals here. The place wasn't really that busy and it took quite a while for my order to be served.

There are newer reviews for DIX Hills Diner

Reviewed October 22, 2012

A frequent stop when our schedules get hectic. The whole family loves the food. Prices are very good and food quality is excellent. There are always affordable lunch and dinner specials everyday. Also the diner is always very clean. Try it you'll lke it!

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I have order food from here because it is close to my job and it is mediocre at best. Typical diner fare nothing special. Service is ok.

Reviewed October 12, 2011

We have given this place 3 tries so far. It has recently changed owners and we went for burgers and it was "ok". Their breakfast is good but then again it's a diner and breakfast is breakfast! My husband and I just went for a late lunch/early dinner yesterday. We both ordered off the lunch special menu and had their chicken gyro. It came with soup or salad and dessert. Well for $9.99 the gyro was LOADED with onion, lettuce and tomatoe and came with 4 strips of gyro meat which were paper thin! I could not believe it when I started to eat it. I said to my husband "where is the meat in this thing" it blended right in with the pita bread that's how thin it was. VERY DISAPPOINTING and a rip off in my opinion. The dessert we ordered was very good I had the red velvet cake and my husband had the carrot cake/cheese cake. VERY GOOD. So basically it was a carb loaded lunch with no protein! Not going back again.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 6, 2008

They actually have some vegetarian selections!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook