“No No No”

Dining options: Breakfast
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“No No No”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

So I pass this place on my way to the train and very rarely go in because frankly there bagels taste a little off compared to other bagel shops around. (pumped with chemicals maybe?) Plus the guy that owns or runs it is super shady. I went in here quickly for a bagel because I need something to eat on the train because I was eating a late lunch. My bill totally came to $4.00 while I had cash which I needed for my train ticket I passed the guy my credit card. Oh no we can't charge $4.00 to a credit card when clearly labeled on the door you accept credit cards. He said its a 10.00 minimum- ok I can deal with that. But when the women next to me was able to charge $5.00 to her credit card I asked why he said something about .50 blah blah blah and started to get nasty. I said I won't be coming back here and before I could say something more along the lines of because your poor communication, the sloppy man at the counter said good we don't need your business. Way to put the customer first and nicely explain things. How can his boss or the guy running the place stand right there and let this guy be rude to a customer he just lost. I would have gladly bought a dollar more worth of stuff to meet the "accepted" $5.00 but he didn't even offer. I then had to go to the bank to get my train money back. (My transit check requires half cash otherwise I would charge my train ticket) Another stop I didn't want to make.

Overall his bagels taste bad, poor cleanness of employees and the store and poor customer service. I gladly won't be going back. Next time I'll leave my house 5 mins early and go to the bagel store in northport on 25a that always is friendly and has good bagels. I'd rather drive out of my way then come back here. They should just stick to their back of house business which I swear is selling crack.....

• Visited July 2013

Long Island, NY
“Roaches!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2011

This place is disgusting- I saw a couple of roaches on the floor while I waited for my food. Needless to say, I left immediately. Go to another place!

1 Thank Longuylander