“Eat steak, not vegetables”
Review of Mac's Steakhouse

Mac's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Mac's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 231 Restaurants in Huntington
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Wine Bar
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: New York Avenue
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Mac's steakhouse in Huntington,NY has some of the best steak I've had recently. The home fried potatoes were the worst I've ever had, being both hard and tasteless. The vegetables were overcooked and the service was only ok(it was a Saturday night).Go there, eat the excellent steak and go to mc donalds for your potatoes. By and large this restaurant is one to skip.

There are newer reviews for Mac's Steakhouse

Reviewed May 12, 2013

Open buffett Brunch was a major disappointment: lack of variety and quality of food resembles more cheap roadside motel than a quality steakhouse. Buffett had no deserts unlike what was advertised and the food was average at best.

1  Thank Camis698
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Went to Mac's for Mother's Day brunch. Very disappointing. The room was extremely overcrowded and the brunch set up was ridiculous. Had to wait online for food for 15 minutes with them refilling the chafing dishes not from the back of the table, but from right in front of you. No cheese selection as advertised and few breads and pastries. I didn't even get a danish before they ran out. We were constantly having to shift our chairs to make room for people to squeeze through the dining room to get to their seats. Highlight of the visit was our waiter Matt who was one of the nicest waiters I've ever had. I do not recommend this restaurant for a holiday brunch if this is how they operate. Seriously need some pre planning before they offer a meal like this. Food wasn't bad, but it wasn't worth the hassle. They needed more selection and a better layout.

1  Thank Honestreview129
Reviewed April 29, 2013

The food was very good and the room was really nice. My steak (a bone in ribeye) was delicious and perfectly cooked. My steamed mussles appetizer was also very tasty. My only complaint was that the service was a bit slow and the place was only moderately busy. Dinner on a Friday night took almost 3 hours.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

Mac's was one of the few restaurants with availability on a Saturday night when we wanted to eat out. I suppose that counts as a positive, but following a meal whose mediocrity was overshadowed only by its high price, I could understand why they weren't full.

The service was amateurish. The waitress couldn't remember the specials, had to double-check our orders, didn't do a quality check on the main course, and served us luke-warm tea.

The cocktails were horrible. The pair martini tasted like paint thinner that had once been held above some pairs in a supermarket. The Mai Tai and tangerine martinis weren't much better.

The food was hit and miss. For appetizers, the lobster quesadilla and the spinach and cheese dip were excellent, but the calamari was rubbery and barely had any flavor. For dinner, the roasted pear salad was good, the seafood pasta was OK, and the filet mignon was unimpressive. I ordered it medium but it arrived medium well, and it came with the runniest bernaise sauce I've ever seen in my life.

I highly recommend Mac's to anyone who wants to eat in Huntington but can't get a reservation anywhere else and doesn't mind paying twice as much as they should for poor service and average food.

1  Thank JP_Grossman